- S16001E (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- ADPG-R, BDPLT8, HORK3, P2T(AC), P2Y(12)R, P2Y(AC), P2Y(ADP), P2Y(cyc), P2Y12 platelet ADP receptor, purinergic receptor P2RY12, purinergic receptor P2Y, G-protein coupled
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
P2RY12 is a receptor for ADP and ATP coupled to G-proteins that inhibit the adenylyl cyclase second messenger system and is not activated by UDP and UTP.
P2RY12 is required for normal platelet aggregation and blood coagulation, and is a target to inhibit of platelet aggregation in the treatment of thromboembolisms and other clotting disorders. P2RY12 is expressed on platelets, lung, appendix, pituitary and adrenal glands; this molecule is a very useful marker to identify microglial cells in the brain.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human P2RY12-transfected cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
View the video of our collaborator discussing the importance of highly specific monoclonal antibodies for P2RY12 in Microglia research.
AB_2783290 (BioLegend Cat. No. 392105)
AB_2783291 (BioLegend Cat. No. 392106)
- Inhibit the adenylyl cyclase second messenger system
- ADP, ATP
- Cell Type
- Microglia, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- GPCR, Purinergic Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Lecchi A, et al. 2015. Blood. 125:1006.
2. Zhang K, et al. 2014. Nature. 509:115.
3. Zhang J, et al. 2014. Nature. 509:119.
4. Cornelissen I, et al. 2010. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 107:18605.
5. Paruchuri S, et al. 2009. J. Exp. Med. 206:2543.
- Gene ID
- 64805 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about P2RY12 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.