- BVD6-24G2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-4, Ia inducing factor (IaIF), B cell stimulating factor-1 (BSF-1), Hodgkin's cell growth factor (HCGF), Mast cell growth factor-2 (MCGF-2), Macrophage fusion factor (MFF), T cell growth factor-2 (TCGF-2)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-4 is a pleiotropic cytokine produced by activated T cells, mast cells, and basophils. IL-4 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor which stimulates the growth and activation of certain B cells and T cells. IL-4 is important for regulation of T helper subset development. The BVD6-24G2 antibody reacts with mouse interleukin-4 (IL-4). The BVD6-24G2 antibody can not neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-4.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli-expressed, recombinant mouse IL-4
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 0.25-1.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-4 recombinant protein ranging from 250 to 2 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. For use as an ELISPOT detection antibody, a concentration range of 1-4 µg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection1-3,5,7,8 or ELISPOT Detection4: The biotinylated BVD6-24G2 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the purified 11B11 antibody (Cat. No. 504102/504108) as capture antibody and recombinant mouse IL-4 (Cat. No. 563201) as the standard.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: In Vivo Capture6.
Note: For testing mouse IL-4 in serum, plasma or supernatant, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 431101 to 431106) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Abrams J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons New York. Unit 6.20.
- Sander B, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Meth. 166:201.
- Fujihashi K, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. Meth. 160:181.
- Sander B, et al. 1991. Immunol. Rev. 119:65.
- Finkelman F, et al. 2003. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley & Sons New York. Unit 6.28.
- Dzhagalov I, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:2113.
- Xu G, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:5358.
- Paveley RA, et al. 2011. Int J Parasitol. 41:1335. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_315323 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504201)
AB_315324 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504202)
- Cytokine; 15-19 kD (Mammalian)
- Differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cells to the TH2 type, proliferation/differentiation of activated B cells, expression of class II MHC antigens, and of low affinity IgE receptors in resting B cells
- Cell Sources
- Mast cells, T cells, bone marrow stromal cells
- Cell Targets
- B cells, T cells, monocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- Heterodimer IL-4Rα (CD124); γ-subunit (CD132) in common with IL-2R, IL-7R, IL-13R, IL-15R
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Growth Factors, Cytokines/Chemokines
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Boulay J, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:294.
3. Dullens H, et al. 1991. In vivo 5:567.
4. Paul W. 1991. Blood 77:1859.
- Upregulated by IL-2, platelet activating factor; downregulated by TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 16189 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-4 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Other FormatsView All IL-4 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Biotin anti-mouse IL-4||BVD6-24G2||ELISA Detection,ELISPOT Detection|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.