- RM2-5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- LFA-2, T11, Ly-37, SRBC-R
- Rat IgG2b, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD2 is a 45-58 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein, also known as LFA-2, T11 or Ly-37. It is a member of the Ig superfamily. Mouse CD2 is primarily expressed on T cells, B cells, thymocytes and NK cells. It is a ligand for CD48 and is involved in T cell activation and differentiation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- BALB/c mouse thymocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: in vitro blocking of CD2-mediated cell-cell adhesion and inhibition of T cell activation1, blocking of T cell A.I.C.D.2, immunoprecipitation3, and co-induction of thymocyte maturation4. The RM2-5 antibody can block CD2-mediated cell-cell adhesion. The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 100118 and 100119).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Nakamura T, et al. 1990. J. Immunol. 145:3628. (Block)
- Ayroldi E, et al. 1997. Blood 89:3717. (Block)
- Criado G, et al. 1996. Eur. J. Immunol. 26:1228. (IP)
- Cibotti R, et al. 1997. Immunity 6:245. (Costim)
- Product Citations
AB_312650 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100103)
AB_312651 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100104)
- Ig superfamily, 45-58 kD
T cells, thymocytes, NK cells, B cells
- T cell activation, adhesion
- CD48, lck
- Cell Type
- B cells, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Davis SJ, et al. 1996. Immunol. Today 17:177.
3. Bierer BE, et al. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:579.
- Gene ID
- 12481 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD2 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.