- P1H12 (See other available formats)
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- Muc-18, MCAM, Mel-CAM, S-endo
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD146 is a 118 kD integral transmembrane glycoprotein that is also known as MUC18, S-Endo, MCAM, and Mel-CAM (melanoma cell adhesion molecule). It belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. CD146 is expressed on melanoma cells, epithelial cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, activated T cells, multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells, and activated keratinocytes. CD146 mediates heterophilic cell adhesion and regulates monocyte transendothelial migration. The ligand of CD146 remains to be identified.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Mouse, Canine2, 5, Rabbit
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Cultured human umbilical cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC/Fire™ 750 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated APC/Fire™ 750 and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* APC/Fire™ 750 has a maximum excitation of 650 nm and a maximum emission of 787 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats of this clone) include: Western blotting3 and IHC1,5.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Solovey A, et al. 1997. N. Engl. J. Med. 337:1584. (FC, IHC)
- Lamerato-Kozicki AR, et al. 2006. Exp. Hematol. 34:870. (FC)
- Balint K, et al. 2005. J. Clin. Invest. 115:3166. (WB)
- Neskey DM, et al. 2008. J. Exp. Clin. Cancer Res. 27:61. (ELISA)
- Kamstock D, et al. 2006. Cancer Gene Therap. 13:306. (IHC)
AB_2783275 (BioLegend Cat. No. 361027)
AB_2783276 (BioLegend Cat. No. 361028)
- 118 kD integral glycoprotein, Ig superfamily
Melanoma cells, epithelial cells, endothelial cells, activated T cells, multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells
- Adhesion, monocytes transendothelial migration
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Mesenchymal cells, T cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Pickl WF, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 158:2107.
2. Weninger W, et al. 2000. J. Invest. Dermatol. 115:219.
3. Sorrentino A, et al. 2008. Exp. Hematol. 36:1035.
4. Bardin N, et al. 2009. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 29:746.
- Gene ID
- 4162 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD146 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.