- TS1/18 (See other available formats)
- V AS162
- Other Names
- Integrin β2 subunit, LFA -1 β subunit, β2 integrin, ITGB2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD18 is a 90-95 kD type I transmembrane protein also known as integrin β2 subunit, LFA-1 β subunit, and β2 integrin. CD18 non-covalently associates with CD11a, CD11b or CD11c. CD18 is expressed on all leukocytes. CD18 and associated α chains function in adhesion and signaling in hematopoietic cells.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Swine (Pig, Porcine)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC/Fire™ 750 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated APC/Fire™ 750 and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* APC/Fire™ 750 has a maximum excitation of 650 nm and a maximum emission of 787 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: inhibition of cell adhesion and migration3,4. The LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 302112). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 302116) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Kishimoto T, et al. 1997. Leucocyte Typing VI. Garland Press. London.
- Van Epps DE, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. 143:3207. (Block)
- Meerschaert J, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 152:1915. (Block)
- Sithu SD, et al. 2007. J. Biol. Chem. doi:10.1074/jbc.M611273200.
- Sommaggio R, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 188:2075. PubMed
- Valenzuela NM, et al. 2013. J. Immunol. 190:6635. PubMed
AB_2783157 (BioLegend Cat. No. 302125)
AB_2783158 (BioLegend Cat. No. 302126)
- Integrin, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, associates with CD11a, CD11b, or CD11c, 90-95 kD
- Adhesion and signaling in hematopoietic system
- Ligand Receptor
- Cell Type
- Leukocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Anderson D, et al. 1987. Annu. Rev. Med. 38:175.
2. Springer T. 1994. Cell 76:301.
- Gene ID
- 3689 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD18 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.