- MAb11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Tumor necrosis factor-α, Cachectin, Necrosin, Macrophage cytotoxic factor (MCF), Differentiation inducing factor (DIF), TNFSF2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
TNF-α is secreted by macrophages, monocytes, neutrophils, T cells (principally CD4+), and NK cells. Many transformed cell lines also secrete TNF-α. Monomeric human TNF-α is a 157 amino acid protein (non-glycosylated) with a reported molecular weight of 17 kD. TNF-α forms multimeric complexes; stable trimers are most common in solution. A 26 kD membrane form of TNF-α has also been described. TNF-α binding to surface receptors elicits a wide array of biological activities including: cytolysis and cytostasis of many tumor cell lines in vitro, hemorraghic necrosis of tumors in vivo, increased fibroblast proliferation, and enhanced chemotaxis and phagocytosis in neutrophils.Product Details
- Human, Cat (Feline)11 Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus, Pigtailed Macaque, Sooty Mangabey, Swine (Pig, Porcine)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli-expressed, recombinant human TNF-α
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC, FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Detection: The biotinylated MAb11 antibody is useful as the detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT, when used in conjunction with the purified MAb1 antibody (Cat. No. 502802/502804) as the capture antibody.
Flow Cytometry3,5,6,10: The fluorochrome-labeled MAb11 antibody is useful for intracellular and membrane-bound immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify TNF-a-producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: neutralization1,2, immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections4 and acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections8, immunocytochemistry7, and immunofluorescence9. The MAb11 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant TNF-a.
Note: For testing human TNF-a in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 430201 to 430206) are specially developed and recommended. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human TNF-a bioactivity (Cat. No. 502922).
The Purified MAb1 antibody is useful in neutralization2 and as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated MAb11 antibody (Cat. No. 502904/502914) as the detecting antibody.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name APC/Cy7 to APC/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our APC/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Rathjen D, et al. 1991. Mol. Immunol. 28:79. (Neut)
- Ablamunits V, et al. 2010. Eur. J. Immunol. 40:2891. (Neut)
- Enr quez J, et al. 2002. Adv. Perit. Dial. 18:177. (ICFC)
- Andersson U, et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag. (IHC)
- Chen H, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:591. (ICFC)
- Iwamoto S, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:1449. (ICFC) PubMed
- Andersson U, et al. 2000. J. Exp. Med. 192:565. (ICC)
- Moormann AM, et al. 1999. J. Infect. Dis. 180:1987. (IHC)
- Zhao XJ, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:2923. (IF)
- Rieger R, et al. 2009. Cancer Gene Ther. 1:53-64. (FC)
- Maksaereekul S, et al. 2009. Vaccine. 28:3754 (FC)
- Product Citations
AB_2562869 (BioLegend Cat. No. 502943)
AB_2562870 (BioLegend Cat. No. 502944)
- TNF superfamily; dimer/trimer; 17 kD (Mammalian)
- Paracrine/endocrine mediator of inflammatory and immune functions; selectively cytotoxic for transformed cells; chemoattractant
- Cell Sources
- Activated monocytes, neutrophils, macrophages, T cells, B cells, NK cells, LAK cells
- Cell Targets
- Monocytes, neutrophils, macrophages, T cells, fibroblasts, endothelial cells, osteoclasts, adipocytes, astroglia, microglia
- TNFRSF1A (TNF-R1, CD120a, TNFR-p60 Type β, p55); TNFRSF1B (TNF-R2, CD120b, TNFR-p80 Type A, p75)
- Cell Type
- Neutrophils, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Beutler B, et al. 1988. Annu. Rev. Biochem. 57:505.
3. Beutler B, et al. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:625.
4. Tracey K, et al. 1993. Crit. Care Med. 21:S415.
- Type II integral membrane protein processed by TACE for secretion; upregulated by interferons, IL-2, GM-CSF, substance P, bradykinin, PAF, immune complexes, cyclooxygenase; downregulated by IL-6, TGF-β, vitamin D3, prostaglandin E2, PAF antagonists
- Gene ID
- 7124 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TNF-alpha on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.