- MOB-47 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- IFN-γ Receptor β chain, IFN-γ AF-1
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IFN-γ receptor β chain is also known as IFN-γ AF-1. This 60-65 kD class II cytokine receptor pairs with CDw119 to form the IFN-γ receptor. CDw119 serves as the IFN-γ-binding chain and associates with the IFN-γ β chain which is required for receptor signaling. The extracellular portion of both the IFN-γ receptor α and β chains must be species matched. The IFN-γ receptor β chain is expressed at low levels on T and B cells, NK cells, monocytes/ macrophages, and fibroblasts. Binding of IFN-γ induces receptor dimerization, internalization, Jak1 and Jak2 protein kinase activation and, ultimately, STAT1 activation. IFN-γ initiates and regulates a variety of immune responses.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Mouse IFN-γR β chain protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated APC and unconjugated antibody.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting1 and immunoprecipitation1. For the most successful immunofluorescent staining results, it may be necessary to maximize signal over background by using a relatively bright fluorochrome-antibody conjugate (Cat. No. 113604) or by using a high sensitivity, three-layer staining technique (e.g., including a biotinylated anti-Armenian hamster IgG (Cat. No. 405501) second step, followed by SAv-PE (Cat. No. 405204)).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Bach EA, et al. 1995. Science 270:1215.
AB_2734170 (BioLegend Cat. No. 113605)
AB_2783052 (BioLegend Cat. No. 113606)
- Class II cytokine receptor family, associates with CDw119, 60-65 kD, AF-1
T and B cells, NK cells, monocytes, macrophages, granulocytes, fibroblasts
- Regulates immune response, upregulates MHC class I expression
- Ligand Receptor
- Cell Type
- T cells, B cells, NK cells, Monocytes, Macrophages
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Bach EA, et al. 1995. Science 270:1215.
2. Ansel KM, et al. 2003. Nat. Immunol. 4:616.
- Gene ID
- View information about IFN-g R b chain on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.