- 8F2.F9 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Major Histocompatibility Complex Class I-related, HLALS
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
MHC-related protein 1, also known as MR1, is a nonclassical MHC class I molecule highly conserved in mammals, particularly in its α1/α2 domains. MR1 is required for the development and expansion of the mucosal-associated invariant T (MAIT) cells. The transcripts for MR1 are ubiquitously expressed, but its expression on the cell surface seems to be ligand-dependent. MR1 is involved in the presentation of vitamin-derived compounds from bacterial biosynthetic pathways.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Cow
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Chimeric mMR1/L molecule (mMR1 [alpha1-alpha2 domain]/Ld [alpha3 cytoplasmic tail]) soluble, recombinant protein secreted by insect cells was used to immunize MR1 KO mice
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated APC and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
This antibody is noted to cross-react to over-expressed mouse, rat, bovine (cow) and human MR11. This clone does not cross-block clone 26.5 based on in-house testing.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Chua WJ, et al. 2011. J Immunol. 186:4744-50
- Member of the MHC class I family, 1 Ig-like C1-type domain, forms heterodimer with B-2 Microglobulin.
MR1 transcripts are ubiquitously expressed, but its expression in the cell surface seems to be ligand-dependent.
- Antigen presentation, required for development and expansion of the mucosal-associated invariant T (MAIT) cells.
- α-mannosyl ceramide derivatives, 6-formyl pterin, derivatives from bacterial riboflavin biosynthetic pathway).
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
- Gold MC and Lewinsohn DM. 2013. Nat Rev Microbiol. 11:14.
- Young MH and Gapin L. 2013. Cell Res. 23:460.
- Gold MC, et al. 2013. Mucosal Immunol. 6:35.
- Meierovics A, et al. 2013. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 110:E3119.
- Gene ID
- 3140 View all products for this Gene ID 15064 View all products for this Gene ID 25119 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about MR1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.