- 7C9 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Sialic acid-binding Ig-like lectin 8 (Siglec-8), Siglec8L, Sialoadhesin family member 2 (SAF2)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Siglec-8 is a lectin specific for 6'-sulfo-sLex and a member of the Ig-superfamily. It is expressed almost exclusively in eosinophils; however, basophils and mast cells can express it to a lower degree. Siglec-8 is a 54 kD transmembranal protein; the extracellular domain has one V-set Ig-like domain and two C2-set domains. The cytoplasmic domain has two immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitor motifs (ITIM) that recruit SH2-family phosphatases after tyrosine phosphorylation. There are reports that siglec-8 inhibits the release of histamine and prostaglandin D2 mediated by the IgEFcR. This molelcule is also involved in the induction of apoptosis.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant Siglec-8 fused to human IgG Fc
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Floyd H, et al. 2000. J. Biol. Chem. 275:861.
- Wen T, et al. 2014. J Immunol. 192:5481. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2561401 (BioLegend Cat. No. 347105)
AB_2561402 (BioLegend Cat. No. 347106)
- A lectin of 54 kD, belonging to the Ig-superfamily; has one V-set Ig-like domain and two C2-set domains; has a single transmembrane domain, and two immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitor motifs (ITIM) in the cytoplasmic domain
Eosinophils, basophils, mast cells
- Cell adhesion, signal transduction
- Phosphatases containing a SH2 domain
- Inhibition of IgE receptor-triggered histamine and prostaglandin D2 release, apoptosis
- Cell Type
- Basophils, Eosinophils, Mast cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, Siglec Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Bochner BS, et al. 2009. Clin. Exp. Allergy. 39:317.
2. Hudson SA, et al. 2009. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 330:608.
3. Nutku E, et al. 2005. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 336:918.
- Gene ID
- 27181 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Siglec-8 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.