- 6D4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- PERB11, MIC, MHC class I chain-related protein A, MICA, PERB11.1, MHC class I chain-related protein B, MICB, PERB11.2
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
6D4 antibody reacts with a common epitope of the human nonclassical MHC class I chain-related protein A (MICA) and B (MICB), also known as PERB11.1 and PERB11.2. The MIC gene is located in MHC class I region. MICA/B are 65-75 kD stress-inducible glycoproteins with highly polymorphic. They are MHC class I-like transmembrane molecules that do not associate β2-microglobulin and do not present peptides. MICA and MICB share 85% identify, and are mainly expressed on Intestinal epithelial cells, epithelial tumor cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, and IFN-α-stimulated dendritic cells. MIC molecules bind NKG2D, an activating receptor, and induce activation of NK cells, and subset of CD8+ α/β T cells and γ/δ T cells, as well as suppression of T cell proliferation. MICA/B recognition is involved in the regulation of tumor surveillance, viral infection and autoimmune diseases. The 6D4 antibody is able to block MIC mediated cytotoxicity.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported (for the relevant formats) applications include: immunohistochemistry2,3,5 of acetone-fixed frozen sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, immunoprecipitation7, and blocking2,3 of MIC mediated cytotoxicity. The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 320919 & 320120).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Groh V, et al. 1999. Science 279:1737.
- Groh V, et al. 1999. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 96:6879.
- Groh V, et al. 2001. Nature Immunol. 2:255.
- Li Z, et al. 2000. Immunogenetics 51:246.
- Park EJ, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 171:4131.
- Jinushi M, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 171:5423.
- Wu J, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:4196.
- Product Citations
AB_493196 (BioLegend Cat. No. 320907)
AB_493195 (BioLegend Cat. No. 320908)
- 65-75 kD glycoprotein, MHC class I-like transmembrane molecules that do not associate ß2-microglobulin, highly polymorphic
Intestinal epithelium, epithelial tumors, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, INF-a-stimulated dendritic cells
- Activation of NK cells, subset of CD8+ α/ß T cells and γ/δ T cells, suppression of T cell proliferation
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
1. Groh V, et al. 1996. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 93:12445.
2. Groh V, et al. 1999. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 96:6879.
3. Jinushi M, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:1249.
4. Kriegeskorte AK, et al. 2005. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 102:11805.
5. Groh V, et al. 1999. Science 279:1737.
- Gene ID
- 100507436 View all products for this Gene ID 4277 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about MICA MICB on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All MICA/MICB Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-human MICA/MICB||6D4||FC,IHC-P,IHC-F,IP,Block|
|Biotin anti-human MICA/MICB||6D4||FC|
|PE anti-human MICA/MICB||6D4||FC|
|APC anti-human MICA/MICB||6D4||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human MICA/MICB||6D4||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human MICA/MICB||6D4||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human MICA/MICB||6D4||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human MICA/MICB||6D4||FC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human MICA/MICB||6D4||FC,IHC-P,IHC-F,IP,Block|
|TotalSeq™-A0919 anti-human MICA/MICB Antibody||6D4||PG|
|TotalSeq™-D0919 anti-human MICA/MICB||6D4||PG|
|TotalSeq™-B0919 anti-human MICA/MICB||6D4||PG|
|TotalSeq™-C0919 anti-human MICA/MICB||6D4||PG|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human MICA/MICB
Biotin anti-human MICA/MICB
PE anti-human MICA/MICB
APC anti-human MICA/MICB
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human MICA/MICB
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human MICA/MICB
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human MICA/MICB
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human MICA/MICB
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human MICA/MICB
TotalSeq™-A0919 anti-human MICA/MICB Antibody
TotalSeq™-D0919 anti-human MICA/MICB
TotalSeq™-B0919 anti-human MICA/MICB
TotalSeq™-C0919 anti-human MICA/MICB