- CD84.1.21 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Ly9b, SLAMF5, GR6
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD84 is a 64-82 kD glycoprotein. It is a member of the SLAM (CD150) family, a CD2 subset of the Ig superfamily, also known as SLAMF5 or Ly9b. CD84 is expressed on B cells, monocytes, thymocytes, subset of (preferentially on CD45RO+) T cells, and platelets. CD84 functions as a homophilic adhesion molecule and enhances T cell activation and cytokine production. The antibody CD84.1.21 is able to enhance CD3 induced IFN-γ production and partially block CD84-Ig binding to lymphocytes.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 300.19 cell line transfected with the CD84 full-length DNA
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated APC and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported (for the relevant formats) applications include: immunoprecipitation2, and enhancing CD3 induced IFN-γ production1 and partially block CD84-Ig binding to lymphocytes1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Martin M, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:3668.
- Sayós J, et al. 2001. Blood 97:3867.
- Morra M, et al. 2001. EMBO 20:5840.
- Morra M, 2001. J. Biol. Chem. 276:36809.
- Romero X, et al. 2004. Tissue Antigens 64:132.
- 64-82 kD glycoprotein, CD2 subset of Ig superfamily, SLAM family
B cells, monocytes, thymocytes, platelets, subset of (preferentially on CD45RO+) T cells
- Homophilic adhesion, T cell activation
- Cell Type
- B cells, Monocytes, Platelets, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. de la Fuente MA, et al. 1997. Blood 90 (6):2398.
2. Tangye SG, et al. 2002. Eur. J. Immunol. 32(6):1640.
3. Tangye SG, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 171:2485.
4. Martin M, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:3668.
- Gene ID
- 8832 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD84 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.