- A17082E (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- beta2-microglobulin b2-M, b2M
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
β2-microglobulin (β2M) is a 12 kD nonpolymorphic Ig like protein. It is a non-membrane-anchored glycoprotein and is noncovalently associated with 39-44 kD polymorphic heavy chains of MHC class I molecules to form HLA class I antigen complex. In association with HLA class I, β2M is expressed on all leukocytes, platelets, endothelial cells, and epithelial cells. β2M plays an essential role both in governing MHC class I molecules stability and in promoting antigen binding and presenting the antigen to CD3/TCR complex of CD8+ T cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human Beta2-microglobulin
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated APC and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Based on in-house testing, staining for clone A17082E is not blocked by clone W6/32 (anti-HLA-A,B,C) and is only partially blocked by clone 2M2 also raised against human β2-microglobulin.
- 12KD, Ig like structure
Leukocytes, platelets, endothelial cells, epithelial cells and other nucleated cells.
- Form MHC class I
- MHC class I heavy chain and other MHC I like molecules.
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Leukocytes, Platelets
- Antigen References
- Engelhard VH. 1994. Curr Opin Immunol. 6:13.
- Williams DB, et al. 1989. J Immunol. 142:2796.
- Danliczyk UG and TL. Delovitch. 1994. J Immunol. 153:3533.
- Williams A, et al. 2002. Tissue Antigens. 59:3.
- Gene ID
- 567 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta2-microglobulin on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.