- Ta99 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CAS2, CATB, GP75, OCA3, TRP, 5,6-dihydroxyindole-2-carboxylic acid oxidase, TRP1, TRP-1, catalase B, DHICA oxidase, glycoprotein 75, melanoma antigen gp75
Signet Catalog# 8150-01
Covance Catalog# SIG-38150
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Tyrosinase-related protein 1, also known as TYRP1 or MEL-5, is an enzyme found in melanocytes and is involved in the synthesis of melanin. TYRP1 stabilizes tyrosinase and modulates its catalytic activity. It is also involved in the maintenance of melanosome structures, as well as the proliferation and cell death of melanocytes.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Ta99 was developed using a SK-MEL-23 Melanoma cell line.
- Phosphate-buffered solution with BSA + 0.1% NaN3.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- Storage & Handling
- Store between 2°C and 8°C.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IHC: ≥1:20 (concentrated format) with Biotin based detection systems such as USA Ultra Streptavidin Detection (Cat. No. 929501).
Tissue Sections: The preferred specimens for this antibody are frozen tissue sections and/or cytocentrifuge preparations fixed 10 minutes in 4°C acetone.
Pretreatment: Not required.
Incubation: 60 minutes at room temperature
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunohistochemistry (IHC).
Positive tissue (human): Melanoma, normal skin
The BioLegend Mel 5 (Ta99) monoclonal antibody recognizes gp75, an abundant intracellular glycoprotein that is expressed in the melanosomes of human melanocytes and melanomas.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Gross EA, et al. 1999. Archives Dermatol. 135:15.
- Bhawan, J, Cao SL. 1999. Am. J. Dermatopathol. 21:225.
- Kemp EH, et al. 1998. Br J Dermatol. 139:798.
- Burkhalter A, White WL. 1997. Am J Dermapathol. 19:303.
- Andersen WK, et al. 1997. J Am Acad Dermatol. 36:444.
- Bhawan J. 1997. Melanoma Res. 7:43.
- Zhao H, et al. 1996. J Invest Dermatol. 106:744.
- Cui J, et al. 1995. Pigment Cell Res. 8:53.
- Vijayasaradhi S, Houghton AN. 1991. Int J Cancer. 47:298.
- Thomson TM, et al. 1988. J Invest Dermatol. 90:459.
- Product Citations
AB_2565201 (BioLegend Cat. No. 917801)
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.