- 5E10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- Thy-1, Thy1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD90 is a 25-35 kD GPI-anchored protein, also known as Thy-1. It belongs to the Ig superfamily. Human CD90 is expressed on neuronal cells, a subset of CD34+ cells, a subset of fetal liver cells and fetal thymocytes, fibroblasts, activated endothelial cells, and some leukemia cell lines. CD34+CD90+ cells are primitive hematopoietic stem cells. It has been reported that Thy-1 binds with β2 and β3 integrins and plays bimodal roles in the regulation of cell adhesion and neurite outgrowth, and inhibits hematopoietic stem cells proliferation and differentiation.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Pigtailed Macaque, Rhesus, Swine (Pig, Porcine)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- HEL cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. The suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is highly recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 700 has a maximum emission of 719 nm when it is excited at 633nm / 635nm. Prior to using Alexa Fluor® 700 conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone 5E10 recognizes an epitope on Thy-1 independent of its glycosylation, but is abolished under reducing conditions.4 Additional reported (for the relevant formats) applications include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections, immunoprecipitation1, and immunofluorescence3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Craig W, et al. 1993. J. Exp. Med. 177:1331. (IP)
- Gundlach CW 4th, et al. 2011. Bioconjug. Chem. 22:1706. (Pig Reactivity)
- Touboul C, et al. 2013. J. Transl. Med. 11:28. (IF)
- Bradley JE, et al. 2013. Lab Invest. 93:365. (Epitope)
- Donnenberg VS, et al. 2010. Cytometry B. Clin. Cytom. 5:287. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2203303 (BioLegend Cat. No. 328119)
AB_2203302 (BioLegend Cat. No. 328120)
- 25-35 kD glycoprotein, Ig superfamily
Subset of CD34+ hematopoietic stem cells, subset of fetal thymocytes, subset of fetal liver cells, fibroblast, activated endothelial cells, neurons and some leukemia cell lines
- Regulate hematopoiesis and neural cell growth, cell adhesion
- β3 integrin, β2 integrin
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Leukemia, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Neurons, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. McKenzie JL, et al. 1981. J. Immunol. 126:843.
2. Avalos AM, et al. 2002. Biol. Res. 35:231.
3. Wetzel A, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 172:3850.
- Gene ID
- 7070 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD90 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.