- 2/40/15 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Tyrosine 3-monooxygenase, tyrosine 3-hydroxylase
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Tyrosine hydroxylase, also known as tyrosine 3-monooxygenase, is the enzyme that converts amino acid L-Tyrosine to L-3, 4-Dihydroxyphenylalanine (L-DOPA). L-DOPA is a precursor to dopamine, which is then converted to norepinephrine and epinephrine (adrenaline). Dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine are all important neurotransmitters. Alterations in the activity of tyrosine hydroxylase may be involved in a number of neurological diseases such as Parkinson's and schizophrenia.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against purified Tyrosine Hydroxylase from rat Pheochromocytoma tumor.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 0.2 - 5 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB) and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining (IHC-P).
This antibody is less reactive in human tissue in Western Blot.
- Product Citations
AB_2801154 (BioLegend Cat. No. 818007)
AB_2801155 (BioLegend Cat. No. 818008)
- Expected MW: 65 kD
- Cell Type
- Dopaminergic Neurons, Neural Stem Cells, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Enzymes and Regulators, Presynaptic proteins
- Gene ID
- 25085 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Tyrosine Hydroxylase on UniProt.org
|Spark YG™ 570 anti-Tyrosine Hydroxylase||2/40/15||IHC-P|
|Purified anti-Tyrosine Hydroxylase||2/40/15||IHC-P, WB|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Tyrosine Hydroxylase||2/40/15||IHC-P|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-Tyrosine Hydroxylase||2/40/15||IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.