- RV3 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CD44 variant 9, CD44 variant isoform 9
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD44 isoform 9, also known as CD44v9, is a CD44 isofom consisting of exons 1-5, 13 (v9) and 15 to 19, product of alternative splicing. CD44v9 is expressed by cancer stem cells, epithelial-type carcinomas, subsets of monocytes and subsets of lymphocytes; have a role in tumor initiation, maintenance and metastasis of cancer cells. CD44v9 interacts with the glutamate-cystine transporter xCT, increasing reduced glutathione and contributing to the ROS resistance of cancer cells, and is a potential predictive marker for recurrence of some cancers and a potential therapeutic target.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human CD44v8-10 transfected cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Alexa Fluor® 647.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of frozen tissue sections3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kakehashi, A., et al. 2016. Cancer Sci. 107: 609. (IHC-P)
- Aso T, et al. 2015. PLoS One. 10: e0116596. (IHC-P)
- Yoshikawa M, et al. 2013. Cancer Res. 73: 1855. (IHC-F)
- Ishimoto T, et al. 2011. Cancer Cell. 387-400. (IHC-P)
Cancer stem cells, epithelial-type carcinomas, subset of monocytes, subset of lymphocytes.
- Role in tumor initiation and maintenance and metastasis of cancer cells, Interacts with the glutamate-cystine transporter xCT, increasing reduced glutathione and contributing to the ROS resistance of cancer cells.
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Neutrophils
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Hagiwara M, et al. 2018. BMC Cancer. 18:113
- Matsumoto T, et al. 2017. Oncogenesis. 6:397
- Bertaux-Skeirik N, et al. 2017. J. Pathol. 242:463
- Kodama H, et al. 2017. Br. J. Cancer. 116:186
- Gene ID
- 960 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD44v9 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.