- NAT105 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Programmed cell death 1 (PD-1), also known as CD279, is a 55 kD member of the immunoglobulin superfamily. CD279 contains the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitory motif (ITIM) in the cytoplasmic region and plays a key role in peripheral tolerance and autoimmune diseases. CD279 is expressed predominantly on activated T cells, B cells, and myeloid cells. PD-L1 (B7-H1, CD274) and PD-L2 (B7-DC, CD273) are ligands of CD279 (PD-1) and are members of the B7 gene family. Evidence suggests overlapping functions for these two PD-1 ligands and their constitutive expression on some normal tissues and upregulation on activated antigen-presenting cells. The interaction with CD279 ligands results in inhibition of T cell proliferation and cytokine secretion.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- YT cell line.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats of this clone) include: immunofluorescence staining.
We recommend using our Ultra Streptavidin (USA) HRP Detection Kit (Multi-Species, DAB) (Cat. No. 929501).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Roncador G, et al. 2007. Haematologica 92:1059.
- Nam-Cha SH, et al. 2008. Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 32:1252.
- Rodriguez-Pinilla SM, et al. 2009. Am. J. Surg. Pathol. 33:81.
AB_2721353 (BioLegend Cat. No. 367419)
AB_2721354 (BioLegend Cat. No. 367420)
- 55 kD type I transmembrane protein.
Transiently expressed on CD4- and CD8- thymocytes, upregulated in thymocytes and splenic T and B lymphocytes, and is expressed on activated myeloid cells.
- Signaling, co-stimulation (co-inhibition), immunoglobulin superfamily.
- SHP-1 and SHP-2.
- PD-L1 (CD274) and PD-L2 (CD273).
- Cell Type
- Thymocytes, T cells, B cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Cancer Biomarkers, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Francisco LM, Sage PT, and Sharpe AH. 2010. Immunological Rev. 236:219.
- Gene ID
- 5133 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD279 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.