- L1-OV198.5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CAML1, HSAS, HSAS1, MASA, MIC5, N-CAM-L1, N-CAML1, S10, SPG1, L1CAM, Neural cell adhesion molecule L1
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD171, also known as L1CAM or L1, is a transmembrane glycoprotein. It is a 200-220 kD neuronal cell adhesion molecule and a member of the L1 protein family belonging to the immunoglobulin superfamily.
This cell adhesion molecule plays an important role in nervous system development, including neuron-neuron adhesion, signal transduction, axon guidance, cell migration and differentiation. CD171 also has a strong implication in treatment-resistanct cancers. Mutations in the gene cause three X-linked neurological syndromes known by the acronym CRASH (corpus callosum hypoplasia, retardation, aphasia, spastic paraplegia and hydrocephalus). Alternative splicing of a neuron-specific exon is thought to be functionally relevant.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- SKOV-3 ovarian carcinoma cells.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 594 has an excitation maximum of 590 nm, and a maximum emission of 617 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Product Citations
AB_2632717 (BioLegend Cat. No. 371606)
- 200-220 kD. Several immunoglobulin-like domains and fibronectin-like repeats (type III), linked via a single transmembrane sequence to a conserved cytoplasmic domain.
Tetanus-toxin positive neurons, endothelial cells, certain epithelial cells, reticular fibroblasts, colon and breast carcinomas, colon melanoma, tumor cells of neuronal and mesothelial origin.
- Adhesion molecule. Homotypic and heterotypic cell-cell interaction in neuronal myelination, neurite outgrowth and regeneration. Axonal guidance, neuronal migration.
- Homophilic interaction with itself and heterophilic binding to integrins, other cell adhesion molecules, extracellular matrix molecules.
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Fibroblasts, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Wolterink S, et al. 2010. Cancer Res. 70(6):2504.
2. Huszar M, et al. 2006. Human Pathology 37(8):1000.
3. Kaifi JT, et al. 2006. Anticancer Res. 26(2A):1167.
4. Kaifi JT, et al. 2006. Mod. Pathol. 3:399.
5. Meier F, et al. 2006. Int. J. Cancer 119(3)549.
6. Stoeck A, et al. 2006. Biochem. J. 393:609.
7. Gutwein P, et al. 2005. Clin. Cancer Res. 11(7)2492.
- Gene ID
- 3897 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD171 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.