- L21/32 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- GluA2/GluR2 glutamate receptor, Glutamate receptor 2, GluR2, gluR-2, glutamate receptor B, AMPA-selective glutamate receptor 2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Glutamate receptor 2 (GluR2), also known as glutamate receptor B, is a subunit of AMPA receptors (AMPARs) involved in fast excitatory synaptic transmission. GluR2 regulates the permeability of an AMPAR to sodium, potassium, and calcium, and the absence of GluR2 allows AMPARs to be blocked by polyamines.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a fusion protein corresponding to amino acids 834-883 of rat GluA2/GluR2 glutamate receptor.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 594 has an excitation maximum of 590 nm, and a maximum emission of 617 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
It does not cross-react with GluA1/GluR1, GluA3/GluR3, or GluA4/GluR4.
- Additional Product Notes
The reactivity of Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-GluR2 antibody was verified in FFPE mouse brain tissue.
AB_2801141 (BioLegend Cat. No. 810503)
AB_2801142 (BioLegend Cat. No. 810504)
- Expected Molecular Weight: 90 kD
- Cell Type
- Glutamatergic Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Postsynaptic proteins
- Gene ID
- 29627 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GluA2/GluR2 glutamate receptor on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.