- DO-1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Tumor protein p53 (TP53)
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
p53 is a 53 kD protein that forms tetramers and functions as a tumor suppressor and transcriptional activator of genes that inhibit growth and/or invasion, cell cycle checkpoint after irradiation, DNA repair, apoptotic induction, signal transduction, and cell adhesion. This protein is localized to the nucleus when activated and can be upregulated by genotoxic or other cellular stresses. p53 is modified by phosphorylation, acetylation, ribosylation, ubiquitination, and sumoylation; ubiquination targets p53 for degradation via mdm2. This protein interacts with a variety of proteins including mdm2, mdmx, topoisomerase I, PML3, Bcl-XL, Bcl-2, Chk1, JNK, p38, HIPK2, CK2, DNA-PK, p300/CBP, PCAF, PARP1, and HDAC1-3. Mutant p53 associates with p63 and p73.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- P53 N-terminal linear epitope aa 20-25
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Alexa Fluor® 594.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Vojtesek B, et al. 1992. J Immuno Methods 151:237
- Stephen CW, et al. 1995. J Mol Biol 248:58
- Tetramer; 53 kD
Nuclear when activated
- Tumor suppressor, transcription factor regulates cell cycle checkpoint, apoptosis, DNA integrity
- mdm2, mdmx, TopoI, PML3, Bcl-XL, Bcl-2, Chk1, JNK, p38, HIPK2, CK2, DNA-PK, p300/CBP, PCAF, PARP1, HDAC1-3; mutant p53 associates with p63, p73
- Cell Type
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, DNA Repair/Replication, Stem Cells, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Vogelstein B, et al. 1992. Cell. 70:523.
2. Shieh S, et al. 1997. Cell. 91:325.
3. Mihara M, et al. 2003. Mol. Cell 11:577.
4. Saito S, et al. 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:37536.
- Gene ID
- 7157 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about p53 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.