- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CD137, CDw137, 4-1BB, 4-1BB ligand receptor, T cell antigen ILA, T cell antigen 4-1BB homolog
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
TNFRSF9, also known as 4-1BB and CD137, is a member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily (TNFRSF). It is a costimulatory receptor similar to OX40, CD27, CD30, and CD40. The interaction of TNFRSF9 and its ligand, TNFSF9, leads to the activation of cytotoxic T cells, reactivation of anergic T lymphocytes, and induces T-cell proliferation. TNFRSF9/TNFSF9 preferentially enhances the expansion of CD8+ T cells rather than CD4+ T cells, through the increase of IL-2Rα (CD25) and IL-2 expressions in CD8+ T cells. Among the TNFRSF members, TNFRSF9 is the most potent inducers of IL-2Rα expression on CD8+ T cells. In vivo studies with TNFSF9 knockout mice and with the agonistic anti-TNFRSF9 monoclonal antibody showed that TNFRSF9/TNFSF9 interaction keeps optimal CD8 T-cell mediated immune response against viral infections and tumors. The mouse TNFRSF9 has 60% identity to the human receptor at the amino acid level.Product Details
- Human TNFRSF9, amino acid Leu24-Gln186 (Accession # Q07011.1), with a linker (SSLGS), a C-terminal human IgG1 (Pro100-Lys330) and an Avi-tag, was expressed in 293E cells. Human TNFRSF9-Fc Chimera was site-specifically biotinylated by enzyme BirA.
- Molecular Mass
- The 414 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 45.46 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 62 kD and 115 kD by SDS-PAGE, respectively. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Leu.
- > 95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS, 5% Glycerol
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg protein as determined by the LAL method
- 25 µg size is bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size is lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- When recombinant human TNFSF9 (Cat. No. 750002) is immobilized at 1 μg/mL, biotinylated recombinant human TNFRSF9-Fc chimera binds in a dose-dependent manner with EC50 range of 0.75 – 3.0 ng/mL. HRP Avidin (Cat. No. 405103) was used to detect the binding.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disulfide linked homodimer
Activated T cells, natural killer cells, macrophages, neutrophils, dendritic cells, eosinophils, Tregs, activated B cells, mast cells, and endothelial cells in tumor capillaries
- Proliferation of T cells; activates their effector functions, survival, and establishes immunological memory.
- Activated antigen presenting cells, macrophages, B cells, B cell lymphoma, dendritic cells, a small fraction of T cells, epithelial, and endothelial cells
- TNFSF9 and CD137L
- Measured by its ability to bind recombinant human TNFSF9.
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Macrophages, Neutrophils, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Immuno-Oncology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Immune Checkpoint Receptors, Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
- Pollok KE, et al. 1994. Eur J Immunol. 24:367-74.
- Watts TH. 2005. Annu Rev Immunol. 23:23-68.
- Zhu Y, et al. 2007. Blood. 109:4882-9.
- Locatelli F. 2009. Blood. 11:2208-9.
- Wang J, et al. 2010. J Immunol. 185:7654-62.
- Eun SY, et al. 2015. J Immunol. 1:134-41.
- Spencer AJ, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9:e105520.
- Yi L, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 1:e86337
- Gene ID
- 3604 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TNFRSF9 on UniProt.org