- MEM-188 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- VI NK26
- Other Names
- NCAM, Leu-19, NKH1
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD56 is a single transmembrane glycoprotein also known as N-CAM (Neural Cell Adhesion Molecule), Leu-19, or NKH1. It is a member of the Ig superfamily. The 140 kD isoform is expressed on NK cells and NK-T cells. CD56 is also expressed in the brain (cerebellum and cortex) and at neuromuscular junctions. Certain large granular lymphocyte (LGL) leukemias, small-cell lung carcinomas, neuronal derived tumors, myelomas, and myeloid leukemias also express CD56. CD56 plays a role in homophilic and heterophilic adhesion via binding to itself or heparin sulfate.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- Cow, Pig
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- KG-1 human acute myelogenous leukemia cell line
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation, immunohistochemical staining of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, and Western blotting (non-reducing).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kishimoto T, et al. Eds. 1997. Leucocyte Typing VI. Garland Publishing Inc. London.
AB_2860796 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304631)
AB_2860797 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304632)
- Ig superfamily, single transmembrane or GPI-anchored glycoprotein, 175-185 kD
NK cells, T subset, neural tissue, some LGL and myeloid leukemias
- Heparin sulfate
- Cell Type
- Leukemia, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Neurons, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Lanier L, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 146:4421.
2. Hemperly J, et al. 1990. J. Mol. Neurosci. 2:71.
3. Cremer H, et al. 1994. Nature 367:455.
- Gene ID
- 4684 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD56 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|APC anti-human CD56 (NCAM)||MEM-188||FC|
|FITC anti-human CD56 (NCAM)||MEM-188||FC|
|PE anti-human CD56 (NCAM)||MEM-188||FC|
|PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)||MEM-188||FC|
|Purified anti-human CD56 (NCAM)||MEM-188||FC,IHC-P,IP,WB|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)||MEM-188||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)||MEM-188||FC|
|Biotin anti-human CD56 (NCAM)||MEM-188||FC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD56 (NCAM)||MEM-188||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)||MEM-188||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)||MEM-188||FC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD56 (NCAM)||MEM-188||FC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
FITC anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
PE anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Purified anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Biotin anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD56 (NCAM)