- S20013F (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T44, Tp44
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD28 is a 44 kD disulfide-linked homodimeric type I glycoprotein. It is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily and is also known as T44 or Tp44. CD28 is expressed on most T lineage cells, NK cell subsets, and plasma cells. CD28 binds both CD80 and CD86 using a highly conserved motif MYPPY in the CDR3-like loop. CD28 is considered a major co-stimulatory molecule, inducing T lymphocyte activation and IL-2 synthesis, and preventing cell death. In vitro studies indicate that ligation of CD28 on T cells by CD80 and CD86 on antigen presenting cells provides a costimulatory signal required for T cell activation and proliferation.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human CD28 transfected cells
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Costim - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone S20013F antibody can completely block the binding of clone CD28.2 on target.
Clone S20013F can partially block Clone S20013B on target.
Clone S20013F can increase anti-CD3 induced human peripheral T-cell proliferation.
AB_2910433 (BioLegend Cat. No. 377603)
AB_2910433 (BioLegend Cat. No. 377604)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, homodimer, 44 kD
Mature T cells, thymocytes, NK cell subsets, plasma cells, EBV-positive B cells
- T cell costimulation
- CD80, CD86
- Cell Type
- Lymphocytes, T cells, Tfh, Th1, Th17, Th2, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Adaptive Immunity, Cell Proliferation and Viability, Costimulatory Molecules, Immuno-Oncology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leukocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- June CH, et al. 1994. Immunol Today. 15:321-31.
- Linsley PS and Ledbetter JA. 1993. Annu Rev Immunol. 11:191-212.
- Gene ID
- 940 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD28 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Other FormatsView All CD28 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD28||S20013F||FC,Costim|
|APC anti-human CD28||S20013F||FC|
|FITC anti-human CD28||S20013F||FC|
|PE anti-human CD28||S20013F||FC|
|GMP Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD28 SF||S20013F||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.