- RIK-2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Apo-2 ligand, Apo-2L, TNFSF10, CD253
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
TRAIL is a 30 kD protein known as TNF-related apoptosis inducing ligand, CD253, TNFSF10, or Apo-2L. It can be expressed as a cell surface (30 kD) and soluble ligand (19-20 kD) produced by megakaryocytes and platelets, monocytes, neutrophils, NK cells and activated T cells. This antigen is also expressed on tumor cells and transformed cell lines. TRAIL has been reported to induce apoptosis in tumor and transformed cell lines by a caspase-dependent process. This antibody is useful for flow cytometric staining and blocking studies.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- African Green
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human TRAIL-transfected mouse cell line
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Block - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: blocking1-4 of TRAIL-induced apoptosis and T cell mediated cytotoxicity. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 308214).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kayagaki N, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:2639. (Block)
- Uno K, et al. 2003. Blood 101:3658. (Block)
- Sato K, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:4025. (Block)
- Denny MF, et al. 2007. Blood 110:2907. (Block)
- Kemter E, et al. 2011. Xenotransplantation. 19:40. PubMed
AB_2814154 (BioLegend Cat. No. 308213)
AB_2814155 (BioLegend Cat. No. 308214)
- TNF ligand superfamily member, approximately 30 kD
Widespread, highest expression in spleen, lung, prostate; NK, monocytes, neutrophils, activated T cells
- Induces apoptosis in tumorigenic and transformed cell lines, involved in T cell mediated cytotoxicity, TRAIL ligand of cognate receptors induces NF-κB signaling in a variety of cell types
- DR4 and DR5 cognate receptors, also binds to the decoy receptors DcR1 and DcR2
- Cell Type
- Monocytes, Neutrophils, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Pitti RM, et al. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271:12687.
2. Mariani SM, et al. 1998. Eur. J. Immunol. 28:973.
3. Dorothee G, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 169:809.
4. Crist SA, et al. 2004. Exp. Hematology 32:1073.
- Gene ID
- 8743 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD253 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Purified anti-human CD253 (TRAIL)||RIK-2||FC,Block|
|PE anti-human CD253 (TRAIL)||RIK-2||FC|
|APC anti-human CD253 (TRAIL)||RIK-2||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0803 anti-human CD253 (Trail)||RIK-2||PG|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD253 (Trail)||RIK-2||FC,Block|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD253 (Trail)||RIK-2||FC|
|TotalSeq™-C0803 anti-human CD253 (Trail)||RIK-2||PG|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.