- M1/70 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- αM integrin, Mac-1, Mo1, CR3, Ly-40, C3biR, ITGAM
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD11b is a 170 kD glycoprotein also known as αM integrin, Mac-1 α subunit, Mol, CR3, and Ly-40. CD11b is a member of the integrin family, primarily expressed on granulocytes, monocytes/macrophages, dendritic cells, NK cells, and subsets of T and B cells. CD11b non-covalently associates with CD18 (β2 integrin) to form Mac-1. Mac-1 plays an important role in cell-cell interaction by binding its ligands ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), ICAM-4 (CD242), iC3b, and fibrinogen.Product Details
- Mouse, Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus, Rabbit (Lapine)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- C57BL/10 splenocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Spark YG™ 570 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-F - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining on frozen tissue sections. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10.0 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Spark YG™ 570 has a maximum excitation of 555 nm and a maximum emission of 570 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone M1/70 has been verified for immunocytochemistry (ICC) and frozen immunohistochemistry (IHC-F).
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats of this clone) include: immunoprecipitation1,4, in vitro blocking3,9,12, depletion2,8, immunofluorescence microscopy6,7,10, and immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections5,11-13. For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) (Cat. No. 101248).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Springer T, et al. 1978. Eur. J. Immunol. 8:539. (IP)
- Ault K and Springer T. 1981. J. Immunol. 126:359. (Deplete)
- Springer TA, et al. 1982. Immunol. Rev. 68:171. (Block)
- Ho MK and Springer TA. 1983. J. Biol. Chem. 258:2766. (IP)
- Flotte TJ, et al. 1983. Am. J. Pathol. 111:112. (IHC)
- Noel GJ, et al. 1990. J. Clin. Invest. 85:208. (IF)
- Allen LA and Aderem A. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 184:627 (IF)
- D'Amico A and Wu L. 2003. J. Exp. Med. 198:293. (Deplete)
- Brickson SJ, et al. 2003. Appl Physiol. 95:969. (Block)
- Clatworthy MR and Smith KG. 2004. J. Exp. Med. 199:717. (IF)
- Hata H, et al. 2004. J. Clin. Invest. 114:582. (IHC)
- Zhang Y, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 168:3088. (IHC)
- Iwasaki A and Kelsall BL. 2001. J. Immunol. 166:4884 (IHC, FC)
- Tailleux L. 2003. J. Exp. Med. 197:121. (Block, FC)
- Olver S, et al. 2006. Cancer Research 66:571. (FC)
- Tan SL, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:2872. (FC) PubMed
- Ponomarev ED, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:1402. (FC)
- Dzhagalov I, et al. 2007. Blood 109:1620. (FC)
- Fazilleau N, et al. 2007. Nature Immunol. 8:753.
- Rasmussen JW, et al. 2006. Infect. Immun.74:6590. PubMed
- Napimoga MH, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:609. PubMed
- Elqaraz-Carmon V, et al. 2008. J. Lipid. Res. 49:1894. PubMed
- Kim DD, et al. 2008. Blood 112:1109. PubMed
- Guo Y, et al. 2008. Blood 112:480. PubMed
- Norian LA, et al. 2009. Cancer Res. 69:3086. (FC) PubMed
- Baumgartner CK, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:573. PubMed
- Charles N, et al. 2010. Nat. Med. 16:701. (FC) PubMed
- Whiteland J, et al. 1995. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 43:313. (IHC)
- Weber GF, et al. 2014. J Exp Med. 211:1243. PubMed
- Ashok A, et al. 2015. Toxicol Sci. 143:64. PubMed
- Price PJ, et al. 2015. J Immunol. 194:1164. PubMed
- Doni A, et al. 2015. J Exp Med. 212:905. PubMed
- Ferreira R, et al. 2016. J Infect Dis. 213: 669 - 673. PubMed
- Peterson VM, et al. 2017. Nat. Biotechnol. 35:936. (PG)
- Product Citations
AB_2894691 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101283)
- Integrin family, associates with integrin β2 (CD18), 170 kD
Granulocytes, monocytes/macrophages, dendritic cells, NK cells, subsets of T and B cells
- Adhesion, chemotaxis
- ICAM-1 (CD54), ICAM-2 (CD102), ICAM-4 (CD242), iC3b, fibrinogen
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Granulocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes, Neutrophils, NK cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Springer TA. 1994. Cell 76:301.
3. Coxon A, et al. 1996. Immunity 5:653.
- Gene ID
- 16409 View all products for this Gene ID 3684 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD11b on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.