- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL7, Interleukine 7, Interleukin-7, Lymphopoietin-1, PBGF
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-7 was initially described as a stromal derived factor which is capable of inducing the growth of pre-B cells in vitro. IL-7 acts on a variety of cells through its receptor (IL-7R), a heterodimer consisting of IL-7Rα (CD127) and a common γc chain (CD132) shared by other cytokine (IL-2, IL-4, IL-9, IL-15, and IL-21) receptors. In addition, IL-7Rα is shared with TSLP. The generation of IL-7-deficient and IL-7Rα-deficient mice and monoclonal antibody blocking experiments confirmed the requirement of IL-7 for B-cell development in mice. Mutations in IL-7Rα observed in patients with severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID) also underlies the importance of IL-7 signaling in T-cell development in humans. However, the presence of B cells in these individuals suggests important differences between the role of IL-7 in murine and human lymphocyte development. Thus, although human B-cell development does not appear to require IL-7, immature human B cells do proliferate in response to IL-7. Nevertheless, most recent information suggests that IL-7 dependence in human lymphopoiesis increases during development in cord blood and bone marrow. The amino acid sequence of rat IL-7 possesses approximately 89 % and 70 % identity with mouse and human, respectively. Microarray data identified IL-7 transcripts in preovulatory follicles in rats, while IL-7Rα (CD127) and γc chain (CD132) were detected in granulosa cells and preovulatory oocytes. In vitro studies showed that IL-7 induces oocyte maturation and inhibits apoptosis in granulosa cells.Product Details
- Rat IL-7, amino acids Asp26 – Ile154 (Accession # P56478) was expressed in CHO cells. The amino-terminal contains 8His-2(GGGS) IEGR tag.
- Molecular Mass
- The 149 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 16.9 kD. The DTT-reduced and non reduced protein migrates at approximately at 20 – 25 and 17 kD respectively by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is His.
- >95 %, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in DPBS, pH 7.2
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Recombinant rat IL-7 induces the proliferation of PHA activated human peripheral blood lymphocytes. The ED50 = 0.3 – 1.5 ng/mL.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IL-7 is produced by epithelial cells in thymus, bone marrow, and intestine. Additional sites of IL-7 production include epithelial goblet cells, keratinocytes, fetal liver, adult liver, dendritic cells, skeletal muscle cells, fibroblastic reticular cells, and follicular dendritic cells.
- IL-7 induces proliferation of human immature B cells, and it is critical for T-cell development and peripheral T-cell homeostasis.
- Immature B cells, T cells, naïve and memory CD4 and CD8 cells, dendritic cells.
- IL-7Rα (CD127), common gamma chain (γc or CD132).
- Rat IL-7 induces the proliferation of PHA activated human peripheral blood lymphocytes.
- Cell Type
- Hematopoietic stem and progenitors
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
- Park LS, et al. 1990. J Exp Med. 171:1073.
- Fry TJ and Mackall CL, 2002. Blood. 99:3892.
- Lai L, et al. 2006. Blood. 107:1776.
- Link A, et al. 2007. Nat Immunol. 8:1255.
- Wofford J, et al. 2008. Blood 111:2101.
- Parrish YK, et al. 2009. J Immunol. 182:4255.
- Saini M, et al. 2009. Blood. 113:5793.
- Guimond M, et al. 2009. Nat Immunol. 10:149.
- Cheng Y, et al. 2011. Biol Reprod. 84:707.
- Gene ID
- 25647 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-7 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)