- Other Names
- SDC2, Synd2, Hspg1, Fibroglycan
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Syndecan-2, previously known as fibroglycan, is a member of the syndecan family of Type 1 transmembrane proteins carrying heparan sulfate and chondroitin sulfate glycosaminoglycans. The syndecan family consists of four transmembrane proteoglycans divided into two subfamilies (Syndecan -1 , -3 and Syndecan-2 ,- 4) based on their sequence homology. The four syndecans have conserved cytoplasmic domains which enables them to associate with cytoskeletal proteins and signaling molecules. The cytoplasmic tail of Syndecan-2 has both serine and tyrosine phosphorylation sites. Non-covalent homodimerization of Syndecan-2 is dependent on the transmembrane domain. Syndecan-2 is expressed in endothelial, mesenchymal, carcinoma cells, and is the predominant syndecan expressed during embryonic development. It functions as a co-receptor for enzymes, growth factors, and cytokines, and contributes to the formation of cytokine gradients through extracellular shedding. Syndecan-2 interacts with high affinity receptors and integrins to modulate intracellular signaling. Syndecan is also involved in matrix assembly and remodeling. It controls laminin and fibronectin matrix assembly into a fibrillar matrix.Product Details
- Mouse Syndecan-2, amino acids Glu19-Phe141 (Accession# P43407) with C-terminal TGHHH HHHHHGGQ was expressed in 293E.
- Molecular Mass
- The 136 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 14.9 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrate at approximately 40-60 kD by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Glu.
- >95% as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS, pH 7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg of protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.) Please note, new lots of the 100 µg size will be lot-specific and may differ from previous lots that had a fixed concentration.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- When mouse Syndecan-2 is immobilized at 5 µg/mL, human FGF-basic binds with EC50 of 2 - 8 ng/mL.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
- Syndecan-2 is expressed in endothelial, mesenchymal , and carcinoma cells.
- Function as co-receptor for growth factors, cytokines, and enzymes.
- Growth factors and extacellular matrix.
- FGF, VEGF, EGF, GM-CSF and TGF-β.
- Measured by the ability of immobilized mouse Syndecan-2 to bind human FGF-basic in a functional ELISA.
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Fears CY, et al. 2006. J. Biol. Chem. 281:14533.
2. Choi S, et al. 2005. J. Biol. Chem. 280:42573.
3. Lories V, et al. 1987. J. Biol. Chem. 262:854-859.
4. David G, et al. 1992. J. Cell. Biol. 118:961.
5. Marynen P, et al. 1989. J. Biol. Chem. 264:7017.
6. Clasper S, et al. 1999. J. Biol. Chem. 274:24113.
7. David G, et al. 1993. Development 119:841.
- Gene ID
- 15529 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Syndecan-2 on UniProt.org
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.