- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-36 receptor antagonist protein, IL-36RN, IL-1F5, IL-1HY1, IL-1 delta, IL-1L1, FIL1 delta
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-36Ra belongs to the IL-1 cytokine family, as a receptor antagonist. Like other IL-36 cytokines, IL-36Ra does not contain caspase cleavage sites, but removal of N-terminal methionine is required for its full activity, which might be mediated by neutrophil elastase. IL-36Ra shares sequence homology with IL-Ra, another receptor antagonist of the IL-1 family. IL-36Ra inhibits IL-36α, IL-36β, IL-36γ signaling by preventing their binding to IL-1RL2/IL-36R and the recruitment of IL-1RAP co-receptor, leading to blockage of downstream NF-kB and MAP kinase activation. The mechanism of inhibition is similar to the one that is established between IL-1Ra and IL-1. IL-36 Ra is involved in innate immunity and anti-inflammatory responses. IL-36Ra attenuates IL-36 cytokine-induced pro-inflammatory cytokine production by bone marrow derived dendritic cells and antagonizes IL-36 cytokine-induced IFN-γ, IL-4, and IL-17 production in CD4+ T cells. In addition, the anti-inflammatory effect of IL-36Ra in brain is SIGIRR/TIR8-dependent. The deficiency of IL-36Ra is linked to psoriasis in humans. The deficit of IL-36Ra exacerbates skin inflammation in IL-36α transgenic mice, suggesting the importance of IL-36Ra as anti-inflammatory cytokine. The expression of IL-36Ra is induced by PMA and LPS in THP-1 cells and by Aspergillus fumigatus in human PBMCs.Product Details
- Mouse IL-36Ra, amino acids Val2-Asp155 (Accession# BC132600) was expressed in E.coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 154 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 17 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrate at approximately 17 kD by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Val.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in 1x PBS.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.01 ng per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- The activity is determined by the dose-dependent inhibition of mouse IL-36β-induced IL-6 secretion in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes. The ED50 is 0.5 - 2 µg/ml in the presence of 3 ng/ml of mouse IL-36β.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
- IL-1 cytokine family.
Skin keratinocytes, detectable in splenocytes, and macrophage cell types.
- IL-36Ra is involved in anti-inflammatory response and prevents IL-36 cytokine-induced effect.
- Dendritic cells and lymphocytes.
- IL-1RL2/IL-36R and IL-1RAcP.
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Garlanda C, et al. 2013. Immunity 39:1003.
2. Towne JE, et al. 2011. J. Biol. Chem. 286:42594.
3. Vigne S, et al. 2011. Blood 118:5813.
4. Costelloe C, et al. 2008. J. Neurochem. 105:1960.
5. Debets R, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:1440.
6. Blumberg H, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:2603.
7. Marrakchi S, et al. 2011. N. Engl. J. Med. 365:620.
8. Macleod T, et al. 2016. Sci. Rep. 6:24880.
9. Mulero JJ, et al. 1999. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 263:702.
- Gene ID
- 54450 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-36Ra on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)