- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-22 receptor subunit alpha-1, IL-22 receptor subunit alpha-1, IL-22R subunit alpha-1, IL-22R alpha-1, IL-22Rα1, IL-22Ra1, Cytokine receptor class-II member 9, Cytokine receptor family 2 member 9, CRF2-9
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
IL-22Rα1, also known as CRF2-9, is a type I transmembrane protein, belonging to type II cytokine receptor family. IL-22Rα1 can form receptor complexes with either IL-10Rβ (IL-10R2) or IL-20Rβ (IL-20R2) for different ligands. IL-22Rα1/IL-10Rβ is a receptor for IL-22, and IL-22Rα1/IL-20Rβ is responsive to IL-20 and IL-24. IL-22 initially binds to IL-22Rα1 with high affinity, then recruits IL-10Rβ to stabilize the ligand/receptor complex, activating the downstream signaling, including JAK/TYK2/STAT3 and MAPK pathway. IL-22 has high affinity binding for IL-22BP, and it is 20- to 1000-fold higher compared to its binding to the membrane bound IL-22Rα1, attenuating IL-22-induced response. Though IL-22 is secreted mainly by the lymphoid cells, IL-22Rα1 expression is restricted to epithelial cells, hepatocytes, stromal cells and acinar cells of the pancreas, and its expression is absent or extremely low on hematopoietic cells. The expression is also found in blood-brain barrier endothelial cells in multiple sclerosis lesions. Upon LPS stimulation, IL-22Rα1 mRNA is upregulated in the liver of mice. In addition, IL-22Rα1 expression can be upregulated by IFNγ in keratinocytes, causing increasing expression of anti-microbial proteins, such as β-Defensin 2, 3 and S100A7. IL-22Rα1/IL-22 signaling is involved in integrity of epithelia and host defenses against extracellular pathogens. IL-22Rα1/IL-24 inhibit endothelial cell migration and differentiation, and VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor)-induced angiogenesis.Product Details
- Mouse IL-22Rα1, amino acid (Thr18-Ala228) (Accession: # Q80XZ4.1), with a C-terminal 6His tag, was expressed in 293E cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 217 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 24.89 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 36 kD by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Thr.
- >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in 1x PBS.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU/µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/ml. 100 µg and larger sizes are bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- The ED50 is 3-12 µg/ml, as determined by inhibition of mouse IL-22-induced IL-10 production on Colo 205 human adenocarcinoma cell (in the presence of 1 ng/ml of mouse IL-22 (Cat. No. 576202).
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cytokine receptor
IL-22Rα1 expression is restricted to epithelial cells, stromal cells, keratinocytes, and hepatocytes.
- IL-22Rα1/IL-22 signaling is involved in integrity of epithelia and host defenses against extracellular pathogens. IL-22Rα1/IL-24 inhibit endothelial cell migration and differentiation, and VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor)-induced angiogenesis.
- IL-22, IL-20, IL-24
- Biology Area
- Stem Cells, Immunology, Cell Biology
- Molecular Family
- Soluble Receptors, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
- Li J et al. 2004. Int. Immunopharmacol. 4:693.
- Dumoutier L et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:1814.
- Meng S et al. 2010. J. Mol. Cell. Biol. 2:223.
- Parrish-Novak J et al. 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277:47517.
- Kotenko SV et al. 2001. J. Biol. Chem. 276:2725.
- Dumoutier L et al. 2009. J. Biol. Chem. 284:26377.
- Tachiiri A et al. 2003. Genes Immun. 4:153.
- Bleicher L et al. 2008. FEBS. Lett. 582:2985.
- Wolk K et al. 2004. Immunity. 21:241.
- Wolk K et al. 2006. Eur. J. Immunol. 36:1309.
- Ramesh R et al. 2003. Cancer. Res. 63:5105.
- Aujla SJ et al. 2008. Nat. Med. 14:275.
- De Luca AT et al. 2010. Mucosal. Immunol. 3:361.
- Gene ID
- 230828 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-22Ralpha1 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)