- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CD137, CDw137, 4-1BB, 4-1BB ligand receptor, T cell antigen ILA, T cell antigen 4-1BB homolog.
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
TNFRSF9, also known as 4-1BB and CD137, is a member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily (TNFRSF). It is a costimulatory receptor similar to OX40, CD27, CD30, and CD40. The interaction of TNFRSF9 and its ligand, TNFSF9, leads to the activation of cytotoxic T cells, reactivation of anergic T lymphocytes, and induces T cell proliferation. TNFRSF9/TNFSF9 preferentially enhances the expansion of CD8+ T cells rather than CD4+ T cells, through the increase of IL-2Rα (CD25) and IL-2 expressions in CD8+ T cells. Among the TNFRSF members, TNFRSF9 is the most potent inducers of IL-2Rα expression on CD8+ T cells. In vivo studies with TNFSF9 knockout mice and with the agonistic anti-TNFRSF9 monoclonal antibody showed that TNFRSF9/TNFSF9 interaction keeps optimal CD8 T-cell mediated immune response against viral infections and tumors. The mouse TNFRSF9 has 60% identity to the human receptor at the amino acid level.Product Details
- Human TNFRSF9, amino acid Leu24-Gln186 (accession # Q07011), with a linker and a C-terminal human Fc-6His-tag, was expressed in 293E cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 402 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 44.29kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 60 and 110 kD respectively by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Leu.
- > 95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS pH 7.2, 10% glycerol.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU/µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- When human TNFSF9 (Cat. No. 750002) is immobilized at 0.5 μg/ml (100 μl/well), human TNFRSF9 binds with EC50 = 2 - 10 ng/ml in a functional ELISA.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activated T cells, natural killer cells, macrophages, neutrophils, dendritic cells, eosinophils, Tregs, activated B cells, mast cells, and endothelial cells in tumor capillaries.
- Proliferation of T cells, activates their effector functions, survival, and establishes immunological memory.
- Activated antigen presenting cells, macrophages, B cells, B cell lymphoma, dendritic cells, a small fraction of T cells, epithelial, and endothelial cells.
- TNFSF9 and CD137L
- Human TNFRSF9 binds to immobilized TNFSF9
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors, Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
- Pollok KE, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:367.
- Watts TH. 2005. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 23:23-68.
- Zhu Y, et al. 2007. Blood 109:4882.
- Locatelli F. 2009. Blood 11:2208.
- Wang J, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 185:7654.
- Eun SY, et al. 2015. J. Immunol. 1:134-41.
- Spencer AJ, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9:e105520.
- Yi L, et al. 2014. PLoS One 1:e86337.
- Gene ID
- 3604 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TNFRSF9 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)