- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-2 receptor subunit beta, IL-2RB, IL-2 receptor subunit beta, IL-2R subunit beta, high affinity IL-2 receptor subunit beta, IL-15RB, Interleukin-15 receptor subunit beta, CD122
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-2Rβ, also known as IL-15RB, is a type I transmembrane protein. IL-2Rβ is one subunit of IL-2 receptor, which is constituted by α (CD25), β (CD122), and common γ (CD132) chains. The IL-2Rβ associates with either the common γ subunit alone or with the γc subunit and the IL-2Rα subunit to generate intermediate or high affinity IL-2 receptor complexes, respectively. IL-2Rβ and γc are also shared by the IL-15 receptor. Upon IL-2 ligation, the IL-2 receptor complexes induce the downstream signaling pathways, including JAK/STAT, PI3K and Ras/MAPK pathways. Though the IL-2 receptor has no intrinsic kinase activity, IL-2Rβ and γc were found to be associated with tyrosine kinases, JAK1 and JAK3, respectively, and recruit adaptor proteins. Phosphorylated IL-2Rβ is necessary for transducing the signaling. IL-2Rβ is constitutively expressed by NK cells and at lower levels by T cells, B cells, monocytes, and macrophages, but its expression levels can be upregulated by activation. It has been reported that IL-2Rβ is cleaved and released from the cell surface though the function of soluble form in vivo is not clear yet. High level of soluble IL-2R in serum has been observed in autoimmune diseases like systemic lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis. In IL-2Rβ gene deficient mice, T cells are activated and it is observed exhaustive B cell differentiation, indicating that IL-2Rβ is involved in the maintenance of T cell homeostasis. IL-2Rβ is associated with autoimmune diseases. It has been reported that IL-2Rβ expression is reduced on CD4+ T cell in ANCA (antineutrophil-cytoplasmic-antibodies)-associated vasculitis. In addition, polymorphisms in IL-2Rβ gene were identified to associated with inflammatory bowel disease based on genome-wide studies.Product Details
- Human IL-2Rβ, amino acid (Ala27-Asp239) (Accession # P14784.1), was expressed in CHO cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 213 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 24.6 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 40 kD respectively by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Ala.
- >98%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS, pH 7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0. 1 EU per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- The ED50 = 0.3 – 1.8 µg/mL as determined by its ability to inhibit MO7e cell proliferation induced by human IL-15 (10 ng/ml, Cat. No. 570302). Deep Blue Cell Viability™ Kit (Cat. No. 424702) was used to measure cell proliferation.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
- Cytokine receptor
NK cells, T cells, B cells, monocytes, and macrophages.
- IL-2Rβ is one subunit of IL-2 receptor and involved in the maintenance of T cell homeostasis.
- SHB adaptor protein, JAK1
- IL-2, IL-15
- Inhibits the proliferation of MO7e cells.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors, Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
- Miyazaki T, et al. 1994. Science. 266: 1045.
- Lindholm CK, et al. 2002. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 296: 929.
- Gaffen SL. 2001. Cytokine. 14: 63.
- Honda M, et al. 1990. J Immunol. 145: 4131.
- Montes de Oca P, et al. 2010. J Biol Chem. 285: 22050.
- Suzuki H, et al. 1995. Science. 268: 1472.
- Phillips JH, et al. 1989. J Exp Med. 170: 291.
- Wilde B, et al. 2014. Dis Markers. 2014: 249846.
- Ruiz-Medina BE, et al. 2015. J Biol Chem. 290: 20972.
- Bouzid D, et al. 2013. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 17: 833.
- Gene ID
- 3560 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-2RB on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10^6/ ED50 (ng/mL)