- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Fibroblast Growth Factor-10 (FGF-10), Keratinocyte growth factor 2 (KGF-2)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
FGF-10, also named keratinocyte growth factor 2 (KGF-2), is a member of the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) family and is functionally similar to the other FGF family member FGF-7. FGF-10 acts as a paracrine growth factor and plays an important role in embryonic development, cell growth, and cell differentiation. During embryonic stages, FGF-10 is essential for lung development, promoting lung morphogenesis, branching, and airway extension. FGF-10 was revealed to participate in wound healing, promoting growth of epithelial cells in normal and wounded tissue. Increased expression of FGF-10 and the receptor FGFR2-IIIb has been reported to associate with various malignant diseases, such as prostate, breast, pancreas, and colorectum cancer, suggesting the role of FGF-10 in carcinogenesis.Product Details
- Human FGF-10, amino acids (Leu40 - Ser208) (Accession# NP_004456.1) with N-terminal Met, was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 170 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 19.3 kD. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Met.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE gel and HLPC analysis.
- Lyophilized, carrier-free.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 ng per µg of protein.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored at -20°C or -70°C. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in 5 mM sodium phosphate, pH 7.4 to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. It is recommended to further dilute in a buffer, such as 5% Trehalose, and store working aliquots at -20°C to -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- ED50 ≤ 0.5 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 2.0 x 106 units/mg, as measured by its ability to stimulate thymidine uptake by BaF3 cells expressing FGF receptors in a dose dependent manner.
- Application Notes
This product is reactive with human and mouse.
- Growth factor
FGF-10 is a secretary protein, expressed and secreted by the mesenchyme fibroblasts during embryonic development.
- FGF-10 is a growth factor required for brain development, lung development, and lung morphogenesis during embryonic stages. FGF-10 was shown to play an important role in wound healing.
- FGF-10 targets urothelial cells, epithelial cells, epidermal cells, keratinocyte, and smooth muscle cells. FGF-10 interacts with FGFBP1.
- Human FGF-10 is able to induce proliferation of BaF3 cells expressing FGFR.
- Cell Type
- Neural Stem Cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Embryonic Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Growth Factors, Cytokines/Chemokines
- Antigen References
1. Sugimoto K, et al. 2014. Genes Cells. 19:112.
2. McQualter JL, et al. 2013. Stem Cell Res. 11:1222.
3. Benjamin JT, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 185:4896.
4. Chioni AM, et al. 2009. Eur. J. Cell Biol. 88:371.
5. Zhang D, et al. 2006. Am. J. Physiol. Renal Physiol. 291:481.
6. Beer HD, et al. 2005. Oncogene. 24:5269.
- Gene ID
- 2255 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about FGF-10 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10^6/ ED50 (ng/mL)