- Poly28610 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- PRDX6, peroxiredoxin VI, Peroxiredoxin-6, AOP2, Antioxidant protein 2
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Human peroxiredoxin 6 is encoded by the PRDX6 gene and belongs to one of six peroxiredoxin families including PRDX1, PRDX2, PRDX3, PRDX4, PRDX5, and PRDX6. Peroxiredoxins are expressed ubiquitously and serve as thiol-specific antioxidant enzymes that regulate the redox state, and reduce H2O2 and lipid peroxides. Peroxiredoxin 6 interacts with saitohin (STH) which is nested within the intron 9 of the Tau gene demonstrates similar protein expression pattern as Tau protein. This interaction combined with abnormal expression of peroxiredoxin 6 may be a contributing factor to several neurodegenerative diseases including Alzheimer’s and Pick’s diseases. In Alzheimer's disease, peroxiredoxin 6 is upregulated in reactive astrocytes which are found colocalized with amyloid-beta (Aβ) peptide-positive diffuse plaques. This upregulation is believed to reduce oxidative stress caused by Aβ neurotoxicity.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human PRDX6 (amino acid sequence Met1~Pro224)
- 0.01 M PBS, pH7.4, containing 0.02% NaN3, 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 0.5 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 0.1 - 0.5 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody also detects peroxiredoxin 6 dimers in the liver lysate.
AB_2814585 (BioLegend Cat. No. 861001)
- Peroxiredoxin 6 is a 224 amino acid protein with predicted and observed molecular mass of ~25 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Predominantly expressed in the lung, brain, liver, and testis
Cellular Distribution: Nucleus, cytosol, extracellular, lysosome, and plasma membrane
- Peroxiredoxin 6 is involved in redox regulation and protects cells against lipid peroxidation.
- Peroxiredoxin 6 forms homodimer and heterodimer, and interacts with GSTP1, APEX1, and STH.
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Mature Neurons, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- APP/Aβ Degradation, Enzymes and Regulators, Lysosomal Markers
- Antigen References
- Manevich Y, et al. 2014. Free Radic Biol Med. 72: 210.
- Zhou S, et al. 2016. Free Radic Biol Med. 94:145.
- Power JH, et al. 2008. Acta Neuropathol. 115:611.
- Gene ID
- 9588 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Peroxiredoxin 6 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Peroxiredoxin 6||Poly28610||WB, IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.