- ALF-161 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-1α, Lymphocyte-activating factor (LAF), Endogenous pyrogen (EP), Leukocyte endogenous mediator (LEM), Mononuclear cell factor (MCF/MNCF)
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-1 refers to two proteins, IL-1α and IL-1β which are the products of distinct genes, but which are recognized by the same cell surface receptors. IL-1α is a potent immuno-modulator which mediates a wide range of immune and inflammatory responses. The ALF-161 antibody reacts with precursor, secreted and membrane-associated forms of mouse IL-1α. The ALF-161 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-1α.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- E. coli - expressed, recombinant mouse IL-1
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
IF - Verified
WB, IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 1.0 - 4.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-1α recombinant protein ranging from 250 to 2 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture: The purified ALF-161 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated Poly5034 antibody (Cat. No. 503401) as the detecting antibody. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
ELISA Capture: The purified ALF-161 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA when used in conjunction with the biotinylated BL1a-89 antibody (Cat. Nos. 512503 & 512504) as the detection antibody and recombinant mouse IL-1a (Cat. No. 580309) as the standard.
Neutralization: Clone ALF-161 has been described to have IL-1a neutralizing properties based on the in vivo mice model3. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended (Cat. No. 503207-503212).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Fuhlbrigge R, et al. 1988. J. Immunol. 141:2643.
- Rogers HW, et al. 1992. P. Natl. Acad.Sci. USA 89:1011.
- Yazdi AS, et al. 2010. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107:19449. (Neut)
AB_315280 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503202)
- Cytokine; 17.4 kD (Mammalian)
- Stimulates T cells, B cells, proliferation/activation of NK cells, fibroblasts, thymocytes, glioblastoma cells, astroglia, microglia; monocyte transition from IL-1β to IL-1α when matured to macrophages
- Cell Sources
- Monocytes, tissue macrophages, Langerhan cells, dendritic cells, T lymphocytes, B lymphocytes, natural killer (NK) cells, large granular lymphocytes (LGL), vascular endothelium, smooth muscle, fibroblasts, thymic epithelia, astrocytes, microglia, glioma,
- Cell Targets
- B cells, T cells, monocytes, fibroblasts
- Type I IL-1R (CDw121a), Type II IL-1R (CDw121b)
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. Bomford R, et al. Eds. 1989. Interleukin-1 inflammation and disease. Elsevier New York.
3. Brazel D, et al. 1991. Biotechnol. Ther. 2:241.
4. Dinarello C. 1996. Blood 87:2095.
- Upregulated by TNF-α, IFN-α, IFN-β, IFN-γ, bacterial endotoxins, viruses, mitogens, antigens; downregulated by IL-6, lipoproteins, lipids, and α2-macroglobulin
- Gene ID
- 16175 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-1alpha on UniProt.org
|PE anti-mouse IL-1α||ALF-161||ICFC|
|Purified anti-mouse IL-1α||ALF-161||ELISA Capture, IP, WB|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-1α||ALF-161||ELISA Capture, ELISPOT Capture, ICFC, IP, Neut, WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.