- JES5-16E3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-10, Cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor (CSIF), B cell derived T cell growth factor (B-TCGF)
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-10 was originally described as Cytokine Synthesis Inhibitory Factor (CSIF) by virtue of its ability to inhibit cytokine production by Th1 clones. IL-10 shares over 80% sequence homology with the Epstein-Barr virus protein BCRFI. IL-10 inhibits IFN-γ, TNF-β, and IL-2 production by Th1 clones; inhibits macrophage-mediated IL-1, IL-6, and TNF-α synthesis; suppresses the delayed type hypersensitivity response; stimulates Th2 cell response (which results in elevated antibody production); and promotes mast cell proliferation in combination with IL-4.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli-expressed, recombinant mouse IL-10
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
IHC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 0.1 - 1.0 µg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-10 recombinant protein ranging from 2000 to 15 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. For ELISA capture, Carbonate buffer, pH 9.5 is highly recommended for coating buffer.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Detection1,9,11: The biotinylated JES5-16E3 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with purified JES5-2A5 antibody (Cat. Nos. 504902 & 504904) as the capture antibody.
ELISA Capture: The purified JES5-16E3 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA when used in conjunction with the biotinylated JES5-2A5 antibody (Cat. No. 505003) as the detection antibody and recombinant mouse IL-10 (Cat. No. 575809) as the standard.
Neutralization14: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified JES5-16E3 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-10.
Flow Cytometry3: The fluorochrome-labeled JES5-16E3 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-10-producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Simkin G, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:2457.
- Kitagaki K, et al. 2002. Clin. Diagn. Lab Immunol. 9:1260.
- Khanna A, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:1346.
- Sander B, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Methods 166:201.
- Litton M, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. Methods 175:47.
- Andersson U, et al. 1999. Detection and qunatification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Finkelman F, et al. 2003. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley & Sons New York. Unit 6.28.
- Wang W, et al. 2004. FASEB J. 18:1043.
- Brummel R and Lenert P. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:2429.
- Lawson BR, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:5366.
- Xu G, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:5358. PubMed
- Brummel R, et al. 2005. J. Immunol.174:2429. PubMed
- Kang YJ, et al. 2007. Stem Cells 25:1814. PubMed
- Seo N, et al. 2001. Immunology. 103:449. (Neut)
- Product Citations
AB_315355 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505001)
AB_315356 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505002)
- Acid-labile cytokine, dimer, 17-21 kD (Mammalian)
- Cell Sources
- Activated CD8+ T cells, Th0, Th2 subset of CD4+ T cells, Ly-1+ B cells, monocytes, macrophages, keratinocytes
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, mast cells, macrophages
- IL-10R (CDw210)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. de Waal-Malefy R, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:314.
3. Howard M, et al. 1992. Immunol. Today 13:198.
4. Quesniaux V. 1992. Res. Immunol. 143:385.
5. Norton SK, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:2848.
- Downregulated by IL-4, IL-10
- Gene ID
- 16153 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-10 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.