- TRA-1-81 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Mouse IgM, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The TRA-1-81 antibody reacts with a 200-240 kD cell surface antigen expressed by human embryonic stem cells (ESC), embryonic germ cells (EG), and embryonal carcinoma cells. The expression of TRA-1-81 on human ESC is downregulated upon differentiation. Further studies have shown that TRA-1-81 is a neuroaminidase-resistant carbohydrate epitope expressed on podocalyxin, a member of mucin-like glycoprotein with CD34 family. Podocalyxin is a type I tranmembrane sialoprotein with anti-adhesion property.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human embryonic carcinoma cell line 2102Ep cl.2A6
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
WB - Validated
IP, IF, IHC, ELISA - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence cell staining1, immunoprecipitation1, Western blotting1,2, ELISA1, and immunohistochemistry1 of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Andrews PW, et al. 1984. Hybridoma. 3:347.
- Schopperle WM and Dewolf WC. 2007. Stem Cells. 25:723.
- Product Citations
AB_1089240 (BioLegend Cat. No. 330702)
- Mucin-like protein, CD34 family member, 200-240 kD
- embryonic stem cells (ESC), embryonic germ cells (EG), embryonal carcinoma cells
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells
- Antigen References
1. Andrews PW, et al. 1984. Hybridoma. 3:347.
2. Schopperle WM and Dewolf WC. 2007. Stem Cells. 25:723.
3. Takeda T, et al. 2000. Mol. Biol. Cell. 11:3219.
- Gene ID
- 5420 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TRA-1-81 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.