- 5D3-F7 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1, Monocyte chemoattractant and activating factor (MCAF), JE, Small inducible cytokine A2 (SCYA2), HC-11, P6, Smooth muscle cell chemotactic factor (SMC-CF), CCL2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1) also known as monocyte chemotactic and activating factor (MCAF) was identified based on its ability to chemoattract monocytes. Subsequently, MCP-1 has also been found to regulate adhesion molecule expression and cytokine production in monocytes. MCP-1 is identical to the product of the JE gene, a PDGF inducible gene. MCP-1 is a member of the beta (C-C) chemokine subfamily, known as CCL2. The 5D3-F7 antibody reacts with human monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1).Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity*: Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human MCP-1
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
WB - Validated
ELISA & ELISPOT Detection, ICFC, IHC, IP - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Recommended Usage: Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 2-8 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of MCP-1 recombinant protein ranging from 2000 to 31.3 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Detection1: The biotinylated 5D3-F7 antibody is useful as the detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the purified 2H5 antibody (Cat. No. 505902/505906) as the capture antibody.
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture: The purified 5D3-F7 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated 2H5 antibody (Cat. No. 505908) as the detection antibody. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 502607) is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: intracellular flow cytometry2, immunoprecipitation1,3, Western blotting1, and immunohistochemical staining1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Peri, G., et al. 1994. J. Immunol. Meth. 174:249. (IP, IHC, WB)
- Rezaie-Majd, A., et al. 2002. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 22:1194. (ICFC)
- Hirsch, A., et al. 1999. J. Virol. 73:404. (IP)
AB_315240 (BioLegend Cat. No. 502601)
AB_315241 (BioLegend Cat. No. 502602)
- CC chemokine; dimer; 13.8 kD (Mammalian)
- Chemoattractant; regulate adhesion molecule expression, cytokine production in monocytes; proliferation/activation of CC-chemokine activated killer cells
- Cell Sources
- Monocytes, vascular endothelial cells, smooth muscle, glomerular mesangial cells
- Cell Targets
- Monocytes, basophils, T cells, NK cells, immature dendritic cells
- CCR2; CCR5; CCR10; D6; possibly L-CCR
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Bischoff S, et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 175:1271.
3. Charo I, et al. 1994. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91:2752.
4. Jiang Y, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 148:2423.
- Upregulated by IL-1, TNF-α, PDGF, TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 6347 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CCL2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.