- 31G4D8 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Lymphotoxin beta receptor, Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 3
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
LT-βR, also known as lymphotoxin beta receptor and tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 3 is a 47 kD transmembrane protein containing 3 TNF receptor domains. The LT-βR is a receptor for the heterotrimeric lymphotoxin complex (composed of LTα and LTβ as well as LIGHT). LT-βR is highly expressed in the lung, liver, and kidney and moderately expressed expressed in the heart and testes. LT-βR is weakly expressed in the brain, thymus, spleen, and lymph nodes. The cytoplasmic tail of LT-βR interacts with TRAF3, TRAF4, and TRAF5 as well as the hepatitis C virus core protein. Ligand binding to LT-βR has been shown to induce apoptosis (via TRAF3 and TRAF5) and play a role in the development of lymphoid organs. The 31G4D8 antibody has been shown to be useful for flow cytometry, Western blot, immunoprepicitation and and ELISA (detection antibody). In addition, the 31G4D8 antibody is an agonistic antibody for the LT-βR capable of inducing apoptosis (with IFN-γ treatment).Product Details
- Human, African Green, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human LT-βR Fc protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
WB, IP - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting1, immunoprecipitation1, ELISA detection1, induction of apoptosis2. The biotinylated 31G4D8 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the purified 36G9G3 antibody (Cat. No. 322101/322102) as capture antibody. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 322003/322004).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Developer's communication
- Chen M-C, et al. 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:16073.
AB_2139071 (BioLegend Cat. No. 322002)
- Member of the TNF receptor superfamily; transmembrane receptor containing 3 TNF receptor domains, predicted molecular weight approximately 47 kD
Highly expressed in lung, liver, and kidney. Moderate expression in heart and testes; weak expression in brain, thymus, spleen, and lymph nodes.
- Promotes apoptosis via TRAF3 and TRAF5, plays a role in the development of lymphoid organs
- Receptor for heterotrimeric lymphotoxin complex (composed of LTα and LTβ as well as LIGHT. Also interacts with TRAF3, TRAF4, and TRAF5 as well as hepatitis C virus core protein
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
- Crowe PD, et al. 1994 Science 264:707.
- Gene ID
- 4055 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about LT-betaR on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.