- B27 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interferon-γ, Immune interferon, Type II interferon, T cell interferon, Macrophage-activating factor (MAF), IFN-g, IFN-gamma
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Interferon-γ is a potent multifunctional cytokine which is secreted primarily by activated NK cells and T cells. Originally characterized based on anti-viral activities, IFN-γ also exerts anti-proliferative, immunoregulatory, and proinflammatory activities. IFN-γ can upregulate MHC class I and II antigen expression by antigen-presenting cells. The B27 antibody reacts with the human interferon-γ. The B27 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IFN-γ.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- Chimpanzee, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus, African Green, Pigtailed Macaque, Sooty Mangabey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli-expressed recombinant human IFN-γ
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ICFC - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
- Recommended Usage
This product is suitable for use with the Maxpar® Metal Labeling Kits. For metal labeling using Maxpar® Ready antibodies, proceed directly to the step to Partially Reduce the Antibody by adding 100 µl of Maxpar® Ready antibody to 100 µl of 4 mM TCEP-R in a 50 kDa filter and continue with the protocol. Always refer to the latest version of Maxpar® User Guide when conjugating Maxpar® Ready antibodies.
- Application Notes
Flow Cytometry2: The fluorochrome-labeled B27 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IFN-? -producing cells within mixed cell populations. For intracellular cytokine staining protocol, please visit www.biolegend.com and click on the support section.
Neutralization1,3,6,7: The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IFN-? bioactivity (Cat. No. 506531).
- Additional Product Notes
Maxpar® is a registered trademark of Standard BioTools Inc.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Favre C, et al. 1989. Molec. Immunol. 26:17. (Neut)
- Kaur A, et al. 2002. J Virol. 76:3646.
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5. (Neut)
- Andersson U, et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Rout N, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e9787. (FC)
- Acosta-Rodriguez EV, et al. 2007. Nat. Immunol. 9:942-9. (Neut)
- Gangur V, et al. 1998. FASEB J. 12:705-13. (Neut)
AB_2562849 (BioLegend Cat. No. 506521)
- Cytokine; dimer; 20-25 kD (Mammalian)
- Antiviral/antiparasitic activities; inhibits proliferation; enhances MHC class I and II expression on APC
- Cell Sources
- CD8+ and CD4+ T cells, NK cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, macrophages, NK cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- IFN-γRα (CDw119) dimerized with IFN-γRβ (AF-1)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. De Maeyer E, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:321.
3. Farrar M, et al. 1993. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 11:571.
4. Gray P, et al. 1987. Lymphokines 13:151.
- Upregulated by IL-2, FGF-basic, EGF; downregulated by vitamin D3 or DMN; labile at pH2
- Gene ID
- 3458 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IFN-gamma on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Can I obtain CyTOF data related to your Maxpar® Ready antibody clones?
We do not test our antibodies by mass cytometry or on a CyTOF machine in-house. The data displayed on our website is provided by Fluidigm®. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for additional data and further details.
- Can I use Maxpar® Ready format clones for flow cytometry staining?
We have not tested the Maxpar® Ready antibodies formulated in solution containing EDTA for flow cytometry staining. While it is likely that this will work in majority of the situations, it is best to use the non-EDTA formulated version of the same clone for flow cytometry testing. The presence of EDTA in some situations might negatively affect staining.
- I am having difficulty observing a signal after conjugating a metal tag to your Maxpar® antibody. Please help troubleshoot.
We only supply the antibody and not test that in house. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for troubleshooting advice: http://techsupport.fluidigm.com/
- Is there a difference between buffer formulations related to Maxpar® Ready and purified format antibodies?
The Maxpar® Ready format antibody clones are formulated in Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA. The regular purified format clones are formulated in solution that does not contain any EDTA. Both formulations are however without any extra carrier proteins.
Other FormatsView All IFN-γ Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|APC anti-human IFN-γ||B27||ICFC|
|FITC anti-human IFN-γ||B27||ICFC|
|PE anti-human IFN-γ||B27||ICFC|
|Purified anti-human IFN-γ||B27||ICFC,Neut,FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human IFN-γ||B27||ICFC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human IFN-γ||B27||ICFC|
|Purified anti-human IFN-γ (Maxpar® Ready)||B27||ICFC,CyTOF®|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-human IFN-γ||B27||ICFC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-human IFN-γ||B27||ICFC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human IFN-γ||B27||ICFC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human IFN-γ||B27||ICFC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human IFN-γ||B27||ICFC,Neut,FC|
|Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human IFN-γ||B27||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human IFN-γ||B27||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human IFN-γ||B27||ICFC|
|TotalSeq™-B1003 anti-human IFN-γ||B27||ICPG|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-human IFN-γ
FITC anti-human IFN-γ
PE anti-human IFN-γ
Purified anti-human IFN-γ
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human IFN-γ
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human IFN-γ
Purified anti-human IFN-γ (Maxpar® Ready)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human IFN-γ
Pacific Blue™ anti-human IFN-γ
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human IFN-γ
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human IFN-γ
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human IFN-γ
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human IFN-γ
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human IFN-γ
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human IFN-γ
TotalSeq™-B1003 anti-human IFN-γ