- AC11.AE12 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- HIV TAT
Covance Catalog# MMS-116P
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The HIV-1 TAT (transactivator of transcription) gene codes for a 14 kD protein and is vital for HIV-1 transcription. After infection, TAT is one of the first proteins expressed after HIV has taken over the host’s machinery. TAT is a RNA binding protein that recognizes the TAR (Transactivator Response Element) sequence found in the HIV-1 RNA molecule. It is also needed for the recruitment of the host positive transcription elongation factor b (p-TEFb). In neuron cells, TAT has been linked to progressive neuronal deregulation, HIV-Associated Neurocognitive Disorders and accelerating brain aging.Product Details
- 1-37 aa of HIV TAT Tag
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was generated against full-length HIV TAT protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1:1,000*
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB).
*Predicted MW = 11 kD
The epitope is contained in the first 37 amino acids of the protein.
- Product Citations
AB_2565207 (BioLegend Cat. No. 919001)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.