- 3D5-C6-D5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- DCTN1, Dynactin Subunit 1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Dynactin 1 is the largest subunit of the macromolecular complex dynactin, which is essential for dynein-mediated retrograde transport of vesicles and organelles. Dynactin 1 is clinically identified as a causative gene for Perry syndrome (PS), which is a neurodegenerative disease characterized by autosomal dominant inheritance, parkinsonism, and central hypoventilation. Mutations in dynactin 1 are also associated with neurodegenerative diseases, such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and frontotemporal dementia.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Purified recombinant Dynactin 1 protein fragments expressed in E.coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 2 - 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2814614 (BioLegend Cat. No. 867601)
AB_2814615 (BioLegend Cat. No. 867602)
- Dynactin 1 is a 1278 amino acid protein with two reported isoforms. A brain-specific isoform with predicted and observed molecular mass of ~135 kD, and a ubiquitously expressed isoform with predicted and observed molecular mass of ~150 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Ubiquitously expressed
Cellular Distribution: Cytoskeleton, cytosol, and nucleus
- Dynactin 1 recruits dynein to microtubules and facilitates retrograde transport of vesicles and organelles.
- Dynactin 1 forms homodimer and interacts with dynein.
- Biology Area
- Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Trafficking and Clearance, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adaptor Proteins, Carrier Proteins, Cytoskeletal Proteins, Neurotransmitter Receptor Trafficking/Endocytosis, Presynaptic proteins, Synaptic Vesicle Trafficking/Endocytosis
- Antigen References
- Konno T, et al. 2017. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 41:14.
- Houlden H, et al. 2012. Acta Neuropath. 124(3):325.
- Tanaka F, et al. 2011. Rinsho Shinkeigaku. 51(11):1189.
- Gene ID
- 1639 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Dynactin 1 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Dynactin 1 (N-Terminus)||3D5-C6-D5||WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.