- W16110A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Caltractin isoform 1, CETN2, CALT, CEN2, EF-hand protein 2, 20 kD calcium-binding protein, Centrin-2
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Centrin, also known as caltractin, was first identified in the green alga Tetraselmis striata and is a member of the highly conserved EF-hand superfamily. Centrins are small calcium binding proteins and play essential roles in the duplication and segregation of microtubule organizing centers (MTOCs). All of the three identified human centrins contain four EF-hand motifs and share high amino acid sequence homology. Human Centrin-1 expression is restricted to male germ cells and retina, while Centrin-2 and Centrin-3 are ubiquitously expressed. In addition to its function in centrosome duplication, Centrin-2 has been found to be present in both cytosol and nucleus. Centrin-2 forms a trimeric complex with the human homolog of Rad23B and the xeroderma pigmentosum group C (XPC) protein. The Centrin-2/Rad23B/XPC complex acts as an essential component of the nucleotide excision repair (NER) pathway.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human Centrin-2 recombinant protein (full length) expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
KO/KD-WB, ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml (1:500 - 1:5000 dilution). For immunocytochemistry, the recommended usage is 0.5 - 2.5 µg per mL (1:100 - 1:500 dilution). It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Antibody specificity was confirmed by knock-down of Centrin 2 using siRNA (in-house tested)
AB_2715793 (BioLegend Cat. No. 698601)
AB_2715794 (BioLegend Cat. No. 698602)
- 172 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of 19.7 kD. Contains four EF-hand domains.
Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Centrosome.
- Centrin-2 is a calmodulin-related protein involved in the regulation of centrosome duplication and nucleotide excision repair (NER) of DNA.
- Forms the XPC complex with Rad23B and XPC. Interacts with CCP110 and SFI1.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, DNA Repair/Replication
- Antigen References
1. Sawant DB, et al. 2015. Mol Biol Cell. 26:3741.
2. Ying G, et al. 2014. J Neurosci. 34:6377.
3. Nishi R, et al. 2013. Nucleic Acids Res. 41:6917.
4. Boutros R, et al. 2011. Biol Cell. 103:55.
5. Yang CH, et al. 2010. Mol Biol Cell. 21:4361.
6. Nishi R, et al. 2005. Mol Cell Biol. 25:5664.
- Gene ID
- 1069 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Centrin 2 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Centrin 2 (Caltractin)||W16110A||WB, KO/KD-WB, ICC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.