|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Streptavidin binds to biotin with high affinity. Streptavidin-PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is useful for detecting biotinylated antibodies. The excitation of PerCP/Cyanine5.5 by 488 nm laser light induces a light emission maximum of 690 nm.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat, All Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- Streptavidin is conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml (concentration relates to the Streptavidin only component of the conjugate)
- Storage & Handling
- The Streptavidin-PerCP/Cyanine5.5 solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC, ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this Streptavidin-PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. The concentration provided is based upon molecular mass of streptavidin independent of any additional molecular mass that might be added by the PerCP/Cyanine5.5 conjugation. For immunofluorescent staining, the recommended use of this reagent is = 0.06 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl staining volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Streptavidin-PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is useful as a second step reagent for indirect immunofluorescent staining, when used in conjunction with biotinylated primary antibodies. The average molecular weight of Streptavidin-PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is 110 kD and Streptavidin alone is 52 kD.
- Additional Product Notes
BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.