- RM4-4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- L3T4, T4
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD4 is a 55 kD protein, also known as L3T4 or T4. It is a member of the Ig superfamily, primarily expressed on most thymocytes and a subset of T cells, and weakly on macrophages and dendritic cells. It acts as a coreceptor with the TCR during T cell activation and thymic differentiation by binding MHC class II and associating with the protein tyrosin kinase, lck.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- BALB/c mouse thymocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is =0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
RM4-4 antibody does not block the binding of GK1.5 and RM4-5 antibodies to CD4 T cells. For immunohistochemistry applications, the RM4-5 (Cat. No. 100506) and GK1.5 (Cat. No. 100402) antibodies are recommended.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Bendelac A. 1995. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 7:367.
- Norian LA and Allen PM. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:835.
- Product Citations
AB_2563022 (BioLegend Cat. No. 116011)
AB_2563023 (BioLegend Cat. No. 116012)
- Ig superfamily, 55 kD
Majority of thymocytes, T cell subset
- TCR co-receptor, T cell activation
- MHC class II molecule
- Cell Type
- T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Bierer BE, et al. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:579.
3. Janeway CA. 1992. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 10:645.
- Gene ID
- 12504 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD4 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- I am unable to see expression of T cell markers such as CD3 and CD4 post activation.
- TCR-CD3 complexes on the T-lymphocyte surface are rapidly downregulated upon activation with peptide-MHC complex, superantigen or cross-linking with anti-TCR or anti-CD3 antibodies. PMA/Ionomycin treatment has been shown to downregulate surface CD4 expression. Receptor downregulation is a common biological phenomenon and so make sure that your stimulation treatment is not causing it in your sample type.
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Other FormatsView All CD4 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|FITC anti-mouse CD4||RM4-4||FC|
|PE anti-mouse CD4||RM4-4||FC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD4||RM4-4||FC|
|Biotin anti-mouse CD4||RM4-4||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD4||RM4-4||FC|
|APC anti-mouse CD4||RM4-4||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD4||RM4-4||FC|
|Purified anti-mouse CD4||RM4-4||FC|
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD4||RM4-4||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD4||RM4-4||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD4||RM4-4||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD4||RM4-4||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD4||RM4-4||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
FITC anti-mouse CD4
PE anti-mouse CD4
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD4
Biotin anti-mouse CD4
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD4
APC anti-mouse CD4
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD4
Purified anti-mouse CD4
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD4
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD4
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD4
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD4
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD4