- m2B4 (B6)458.1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- 2B4 B6 Alloantigen
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Mouse CD244, also known as 2B4, is a receptor belonging to the CD2 family of proteins involved in non- MHC-restricted cytotoxicity. It is expressed on all natural killer (NK) cells, IL-2 activated NK (LAK) cells, NKT cells, and a subset of T lymphocytes, including dendritic epidermal T cells. There are at least two isoforms of CD244.2 proteins that differ in the length of the cytoplasmic domain. The long form functions in an inhibitory manner, while the short form functions in an activating manner. The ligand of CD244 is CD48, which is expressed on all hematopoietic cells. It was reported that CD244 interaction with CD48 is essential for IL-2-driven expansion and activation of murine NK cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Application Notes
The 2B4 antibody reacts with CD244.2, the 2B4 allloantigen which is expressed on C57BL/6 mice, but not on BALB/c mice.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Lee KM, et al. 2006. Blood. 107:3181.
- Schatzle JD, et al. 1999. P. Natl Acad Sci USA. 96:3870.
- Stepp SE, et al. 1999. Eur. J. Immunol. 29:2392.
- de la Luz Sierra M, et al. 2010. Blood. 115:3970. PubMed
AB_2564340 (BioLegend Cat. No. 133513)
AB_2564341 (BioLegend Cat. No. 133514)
- A member of the CD2 subset of the immunoglobulin superfamily (CD2 IgSF).
All natural killer (NK) cells, IL-2 activated NK (LAK) cells, NKT cells, and a subset of T lymphocytes.
- Mediate non-MHC-restricted cytotoxicity.
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, NK cells, NKT cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Brown MH, et al. 1998. J. Exp. Med. 188:2083.
2. Davis SJ, et al. 1996. Immunol Today. 17:177.
3. Kumaresan PR, et al. 2000. Immunogenetics. 51:306.
4. Latchman Y, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:5809.
- Gene ID
- 18106 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD244.2 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.