- HEK/1/85a (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CCR5, C-C chemokine receptor type 5, HIV-1 fusion co-receptor
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD195, also known as CCR5, is a 45 kD G protein-coupled seven transmembrane CC-chemokine receptor. It binds to MIP-1α, MIP-1β, and RANTES and is expressed on a subset of T cells and monocytes. CD195 mediates an intracellular signal thought to induce cell differentiation and proliferation. CCR5 has also been shown to act as a co-receptor for R5 HIV-1 cell entry; modification of CCR5 by sulfation contributes to the efficiency of HIV-1 entry. Recent studies have shown CCR5 to play a role in a variety of other human diseases, ranging from infectious and inflammatory diseases to cancer.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- CHO cells transfected with human CCR5
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and 564 nm and a maximun emission of 690 nm.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence microscopy1
Clone HEK/1/85a and clone HEK/1/85a/7a are the same.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_2244241 (BioLegend Cat. No. 313715)
- G-coupled receptor family 1, membrane protein, 45 kD
Subset of T cells, monocytes
- Binds C-C chemokines and transduces an intracellular signal thought to result in proliferation and differentiation. Acts as a co-receptor with CD4 for HIV-1
- MIP-1α, MIP-1ß, RANTES
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Monocytes, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors, GPCR
- Antigen References
1. Samson M, et al. 1996. Biochemistry 35:3362.
2. Raport CJ, et al. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271:17161.
3. Combadiere C, et al. 1996. J. Leukoc. Biol. 60:147.
4. Deng H, et al. 1996. Nature 381:661.
5. Lai J, et al. 2003. CVI. 10:1123.
6. Mañes S, et al. 2003. J. Exp. Med. 198:1381.
7. Vaday GG, et al. 2006. Prostate 66:124.
- Gene ID
- 1234 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD195 on UniProt.org
- Does staining at room temperature or even at 37°C help for checking chemokine receptors expression?
Due to continuous recycling of many chemokine receptors, it may be worthwhile to consider staining at room temperature or at 37°C if the staining at lower temperature (which can potentially reduce receptor turnover) is not optimal.
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.