- 16E10A23 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- GATA-binding factor 3, trans-acting T-cell-specific transcription factor GATA-3
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
GATA3 functions as a major regulator of T helper 2 (Th2) cell differentiation in immune cells. GATA3 expression is upregulated through IL-4 receptor signaling or the Notch-mediated pathway, which results in production of IL-4, IL-5, and IL-13 cytokines, responsible for preferential differentiation of Th2-cells. GATA3 has been shown to regulate early developmental processes of T cells, such as T cell commitment, positive selection, and post-commitment CD4+ T cell survival. In the mammary gland, GATA3 plays an important role in differentiation and commitment of luminal epithelial cells. In a mouse model, exogenous expression of GATA3 in undifferentiated breast carcinoma cells induces differentiation and suppresses spreading of the tumor cells, suggesting that GATA3 is involved in preventing malignancy of breast cancer. GATA3 has been reported to be essential in the development of a variety of normal tissues. Defect in GATA3 results in hypoparathyroidism, sensorineural deafness, and renal dysplasia (HDR syndrome).Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial human GATA3 recombinant protein (1-258 aa).
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
- Product Citations
AB_2563218 (BioLegend Cat. No. 653811)
AB_2563219 (BioLegend Cat. No. 653812)
- 48 kD protein containing two GATA-type zinc finger domains responsible for DNA binding and two trans-activating domains at N-terminus.
- GATA3, a transcriptional activator, binds to a consensus DNA sequence 5'-(A/T)GATA(A/G)-3' in the promoter region of genes, regulates T cell development, TH2 cell differentiation, and luminal cell proliferation.
- Interacts with Smad3, FOG1, FOG2, and PU.1.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Immunology, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Yagi R, et al. 2011. Int. Immunol. 23:415.
2. Chou J, et al. 2010. J. Cell Physiol. 222:42.
3. Ho IC, et al. 2009. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 9:125.
4. Rothenberg EV, et al. 2008. Semin. Immunol. 20:236.
5. Kouros-Mehr H, et al. 2008. Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 20:164.
6. Van Esch H, et al. 2000. Nature 406:419.
- Gene ID
- 2625 View all products for this Gene ID 14462 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about GATA3 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-GATA3||16E10A23||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-GATA3||16E10A23||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-GATA3||16E10A23||ICFC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.