- 5D3 (See other available formats)
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- ABCG2, CDw338, Bcrp1, MXR
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD338, known as ABCG2 (BCRP1), is a multi-drug resistance (MDR) family protein that is a member of ATP binding cassette (ABC) transporters. It is highly expressed on primitive ‘side population’ (SP) stem cells. This SP phenotype is based on the efflux of fluorescent dyes such as Rhodamine 123 and Hoechst 33342. The SP cells express low or undetectable levels of CD34. In the bone marrow, about 0.05% population of cells displays the low fluorescence and are highly enriched for repopulating cells. The highest levels of BCRP1 mRNA expression have been seen in KDR+ human stem cells. The expression of ABCG2 appears to be highly conserved as it has been identified in various species.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with Pacific Blue ™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Pacific Blue™ has a maximum emission of 455 nm when it is excited at 405 nm. Prior to using Pacific Blue™ conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
This clone is listed under the following US Patent Numbers:
6,313,277; 7,541,437; 7,655,755; 7,741,455
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_1134192 (BioLegend Cat. No. 332012)
primitive 'sidepopulation' (SP) stem cells, KDR+ human stem cells
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Kim M, et al. 2002. Clin. Cancer Res. 8:228.
2. Scharenber CW, et al. 2002. Blood 99:50712.
3.Goodell MA, et al. 1997. Nat. Med. 3:133745.
4. Bunting KD. 2002. Stem Cells. 20:11.
- Gene ID
- 9429 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD338 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.