|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|448607||1 Pre-coated Plate||408,00€|
α-Synuclein is a 140-amino-acids long neuronal protein that belongs to the Synuclein family, which also includes β-Synuclein and γ-Synuclein. At the cellular level, α-Synuclein primarily localizes in the synaptic terminals of neurons. However, it can also be found in other cell types such as red blood cells. Although the normal function of α-Synuclein is not fully understood, it was reported to have an important role in synaptic vesicle transport and membrane fusion. Moreover, the aggregate form of α-Synuclein is one of the major components of the inclusion bodies (Lewy bodies) inside nerve cells affected by the Parkinson’s disease and Lewy body dementias.
The LEGEND MAX™ Human α-Synuclein (Colorimetric) ELISA Kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with anti-human α-Synuclein monoclonal antibody. The detection antibody is a biotinylated anti-human α-Synuclein monoclonal antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human α-Synuclein from cerebrospinal fluid, serum, plasma, urine, tissue lysate, and cell culture sup. It is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Human α-Synuclein pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human α-Synuclein Detection Antibody
- Human α-Synuclein Lyophilized Standard
- Avidin HRP
- 2X Reagent Diluent
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- 1.80 ± 0.21 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 10.2 - 650 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- Cell Type
- Neural Stem Cells, Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cell Death, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Synaptic Vesicle Trafficking/Endocytosis
- Gene ID
- View information about alpha-Synuclein on UniProt.org
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should be identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.