- D9302C12 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-9, P40, Mast cell growth factor (MCGF), Megakaryoblast growth factor, T cell growth factor-3 (TCGF-3)
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-9 is a potent, T cell-derived, T cell growth factor which can also enhance mast cell activity and IL-3- or IL-4- dependent proliferation of bone marrow-derived mast cells. IL-9 synergizes with erythropoietin to promote erythroid colony formation. IL-9 induces high affinity IgE receptor expression and granzyme A and B in murine T helper clones. The D9302C12 antibody reacts with mouse IL-9. The D9302C12 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant mouse IL-9.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Baculovirus-expressed, recombinant mouse IL-9
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg of the protein (<0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For neutralization of one unit/ml of IL-9, a concentration of 1-10 ug/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection1,2: The biotinylated D9302C12 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with Purified D8402E8 antibody (Cat. No. 504702) as the capture antibody.
Neutralization2-5:The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of mouse IL-9 bioactivity (Cat. No. 504807 and 504808).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams, J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20.
- Renauld, J., et al. 1995. J. Leuk. Biol. 57:353.
- Sitkauskiene, B., et al. 2005. Respir Res. 6:33.
- Jones, T.G, et al. 2009. J Immunol. 183:5251-60. (Neut) PubMed
- Jones, T.G, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 185:1804-11. (Neut) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_315346 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504802)
- Cytokine; 30-40 kD (Mammalian)
- Potentiates production of IgG, IgM, and IgE by IL-4-induced B lymphocytes; regulates granzyme family proteases; enhances proliferation of bone marrow mast cells with IL-3; production of IL-6 by mast cells
- Cell Sources
- IL-2 activated TH2 lymphocytes
- Cell Targets
- T lymphocytes, erythroid precursors
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Quesniaux, V. 1992. Research Immunology 143:385.
3. Renauld, J., et al. 1993. Adv. Immunol. 54:79.
4. Yang, Y. 1992. Leuk. Lymphoma 8:441.
- Upregulated by IL-1 after TCR activation, TNF-α; downregulated by antibodies to IL-2
- Gene ID
- 16198 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-9 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.